Troutman Sanders LLP, founded in 1897, is an international law firm with more than 650 attorneys in 16 cities on three continents.
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through committee's December 31, 2012 filing.
Summaryoverview of the committee's finances
- Total Raised:
- Total Spent:
- Cash on Hand:
Standardized Donation Informationcovers roughly through Q3 2013. may lag behind FEC section above, as donors and industries are identified by hand.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying Carried Out by Troutman Sanders
Names of Lobbyists
Client Amount Southern Co $360,000 City of Sacramento, CA $300,000 Agco Corp $290,000 Corporate Friends of CDC $210,000 Georgia College & State University $160,000 City of Dahlonega, GA $150,000 Canadian Electricity Assn $150,000 Armstrong Atlantic State University $150,000 Hudson Clean Energy Partners $145,000 National Mining Assn $140,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Energy & Nuclear Power,
- Environment & Superfund,
- Clean Air & Water,
- Science & Technology,
- Food Industry,
- Law Enforcement & Crime
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.2354 Energy and Water Development and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2012 H.R.2096 Cybersecurity Enhancement Act of 2011 S.510 Research of Alcohol Detection Systems for Stopping Alcohol-related Fatalities Everywhere Act of 2011 H.R.2112 Agriculture, Rural Development, Food and Drug Administration, and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2012 H.R.433 Natomas Basin Flood Protection Improvements Act of 2011 H.R.470 Hoover Power Allocation Act of 2011 H.R.901 Chemical Facility Anti-Terrorism Security Authorization Act of 2011 H.R.908 Full Implementation of the Chemical Facility Anti-Terrorism Standards Act H.R.1802 Sustainable Water Infrastructure Investment Act of 2011 S.5 Reform America's Schools to Educate the Leaders of the Future Act
RegulationsMentioned in 30 dockets; Submitted to 1 docket
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Troutman Sanders" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Troutman Sanders
- Toggle 1 FDA Draft Guidance for Industry: Reporting Harmful and Potentially Harmful Constituents in Tobacco Products and Tobacco Smoke Under Section 904(a)(3) of the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act; Availability; Agency Information Collection Activities; Proposed Collection; Comment Request 2012
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Troutman Sanders
- Toggle 19 EPA Greenhouse Gas New Source Performance Standard for Electric Generating Units 2011
- Toggle 3 DOE This docket contains Federal Register Notices from the DOE FDMS Sandbox. 2012
- Toggle 2 EPA Standards of Performance for Fossil-Fuel-Fired, Electric Utility, Industrial-Commercial-Institutional, and Small Industrial-Commercial-Institutional Steam Generating Unit 2011
- Toggle 1 FERC Initial Market-Based Rate Filings Including Requests for Blanket Section 204 Authorization: Torofino Physical Trading LLC 2011
- Toggle 1 FERC Proposed Restricted Service List for Programmatic Agreements: Georgia Power Co. 2011
- Toggle 1 FERC Requests Under Blanket Authorizations: Texas Eastern Transmission, LP 2011
- Toggle 1 NRC Applications and Amendments to Facility Operating Licenses and Combined Licenses Involving No Signficant Hazards Considerations 2012
- Toggle 1 NRC Applications and Amendments to Facility Operating Licenses Involving No Significant Hazards Considerations 2011
- Toggle 1 NRC Applications and Amendments to Facility Operating Licenses Involving Proposed No Significant Hazards Considerations and Containing Sensitive Unclassified Non-Safeguards Information and Order Imposing Procedures for Access to Sensitive Unclassified Non-Safeguards Information 2011
- Toggle 1 NRC Applications and Amendments to Facility Operating Licenses and Combined Licenses Involving No Significant Hazards Considerations 2012
Advisory Committees1 person on 1 committee
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.
Table shows employees of "Troutman Sanders" that sat on federal advisory committees.
- Toggle Department of the Treasury 1 person on 1 committee