Troutman Sanders LLP, founded in 1897, is an international law firm with more than 650 attorneys in 16 cities on three continents.
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through committee's December 31, 2008 filing.
Summaryoverview of the committee's finances
- Total Raised:
- Total Spent:
- Cash on Hand:
Standardized Donation Informationcovers roughly through Q4 2012. may lag behind FEC section above, as donors and industries are identified by hand.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying Carried Out by Troutman Sanders
Names of Lobbyists
Client Amount Sacramento Dept of Utilities $330,000 USA Rice Federation $320,000 Monsanto Co $300,000 Southern Co $260,000 Canadian Electricity Assn $260,000 American Maritime Holdings $260,000 National Cotton Council $250,000 Press Ganey Assoc $240,000 Anheuser-Busch $240,000 Anheuser-Busch $240,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Environment & Superfund,
- Health Issues,
- Energy & Nuclear Power,
- Clean Air & Water,
- Food Industry
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.2419 Farm Bill Extension Act of 2007 S.1751 Energy and Water Development Appropriations Act, 2008 H.R.2641 Energy and Water Development and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2008 H.R.3074 Transportation, Housing and Urban Development, and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2008 S.1789 Transportation, Housing and Urban Development, and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2008 S.3258 Energy and Water Development and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2009 H.R.2643 Department of the Interior, Environment, and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2008 S.1696 Department of the Interior, Environment, and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2008 H.R.3161 Agriculture, Rural Development, Food and Drug Administration, and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2008 S.1710 Department of Health and Human Services Appropriations Act, 2008
Recent Lobbying Contracts
Date Client Summary April 30, 2013 Gwinnett County, Georgia Water Resources Development Act Issues View registration April 18, 2013 Marathon Petroleum Corp. Energy industry issues, including tax, environment regulations and energy industry related matters. View registration April 18, 2013 Marathon Oil Energy industry issues, including tax, upstream issues and outreach to key members. View registration April 18, 2013 Hidalgo County Drainage District 1 Recovery of Federal dollars held by FEMA. View registration April 18, 2013 Fonterra Co-operative Group Limited Energy industry issues, including tax, up stream issues and outreach View registration
RegulationsMentioned in 63 dockets; Submitted to 2 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Troutman Sanders" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Troutman Sanders
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Troutman Sanders
- Toggle 19 EPA Advanced Notice of Proposed Rulemaking for Greenhouse Gases Under the Clean Air Act 2008
- Toggle 11 EPA Proposed Consent Decree in Desert Rock Energy Company, LLC, et al. v. EPA, No. 08-872 (S.D. TX). 2008
- Toggle 11 DOT 2007, 2008, 2009 US-China Air Services and Combination Frequency Allocation Procedure 2007
- Toggle 4 EPA Standards of Performance for Coal Preparation Plants 2008
- Toggle 3 EPA National Emission Standards for Hazardous Air Pollutants for Chemical Manufacturing Area Sources 2008
- Toggle 3 DOT Aer Lingus Limited - Exemption - Shannon/Dublin-Washington, DC (IAD)/Orlando/San Francisco 2007
- Toggle 2 EPA Batched Notices of Filing of Pesticide Petitions for Residues of Pesticide Chemicals in or on Various Commodities 2008
- Toggle 1 EPA Notice of Filing of Pesticide Petition PP#7F7221 for Establishment of Tolerances for Residues of metconazole in or on corn and cotton 2007
- Toggle 1 FERC Application Accepted for Filing and Soliciting Motions to Intervene, Protests, and Comments: AER NY-Kinetics, LLC 2008
- Toggle 1 FDIC Meetings; Sunshine Act 2008
Advisory Committees1 person on 1 committee
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.
Table shows employees of "Troutman Sanders" that sat on federal advisory committees.
- Toggle Department of Energy 1 person on 1 committee