Troutman Sanders LLP, founded in 1897, is an international law firm with more than 650 attorneys in 16 cities on three continents.
Campaign Finance$4,538,242 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying Carried Out by Troutman Sanders
Names of Lobbyists
Client Amount Southern Co $2,810,000 Tucson Electric Power $1,700,000 Longhorn Partners Pipeline $1,680,000 Canadian Electricity Assn $1,645,000 MWH Global Khafra $1,100,000 Press Ganey Assoc $1,060,000 Kansas City Southern $980,000 Trigen Energy $920,000 USA Rice Federation $770,000 City of Forsyth, GA $565,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Energy & Nuclear Power,
- Environment & Superfund,
- Health Issues,
- Clean Air & Water,
- Food Industry,
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.2419 Farm Bill Extension Act of 2007 H.R.2749 Food Safety Enhancement Act of 2009 H.R.3183 Energy and Water Development and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2010 S.1436 Energy and Water Development and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2010 S.3635 Energy and Water Development and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2011 S.1751 Energy and Water Development Appropriations Act, 2008 H.R.2419 Military Personnel War Zone Toxic Exposure Prevention Act H.R.2641 Energy and Water Development and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2008 H.R.3074 Transportation, Housing and Urban Development, and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2008 S.1789 Transportation, Housing and Urban Development, and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2008
RegulationsMentioned in 221 dockets; Submitted to 20 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Troutman Sanders" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Troutman Sanders
- Toggle 7 DOT 2007, 2008, 2009 US-China Air Services and Combination Frequency Allocation Procedure 2007
- Toggle 6 DOT Aer Lingus Limited - Statement of Authorization - Boston, Chicago, Los Angeles, New York-Shannon/Dublin 2000
- Toggle 4 DOT Aer Lingus Limited - Extra-Bilateral Authority - Dublin/Shannon-Baltimore 2000
- Toggle 4 DOT Eirjet Limited - Exemption - Ireland-United States 2005
- Toggle 3 DOT Aer Lingus Limited - Exemption - Shannon/Dublin-Washington, DC (IAD)/Orlando/San Francisco 2007
- Toggle 2 NHTSA Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards; Rearview Mirrors 2004
- Toggle 1 DOT 2005/2006 U.S.-China Air Services Case and Designations 2004
- Toggle 1 FDA Draft Guidance for Industry on Listing of Ingredients in Tobacco Products; Availability 2009
- Toggle 1 FDA Developing Guidance on Naming, Labeling, and Packaging Practices to Reduce Medication Errors; Public Workshop, Request for Comments 2010
- Toggle 1 FDA Draft Guidance for Industry: Reporting Harmful and Potentially Harmful Constituents in Tobacco Products and Tobacco Smoke Under Section 904(a)(3) of the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act; Availability; Agency Information Collection Activities; Proposed Collection; Comment Request 2012
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Troutman Sanders
- Toggle 22 DOT 2005/2006 U.S.-China Air Services Case and Designations 2004
- Toggle 19 EPA Advanced Notice of Proposed Rulemaking for Greenhouse Gases Under the Clean Air Act 2008
- Toggle 17 EPA Greenhouse Gas New Source Performance Standard for Electric Generating Units 2011
- Toggle 13 EPA Proposed Consent Decree in Desert Rock Energy Company, LLC, et al. v. EPA, No. 08-872 (S.D. TX). 2008
- Toggle 11 DOT 2007, 2008, 2009 US-China Air Services and Combination Frequency Allocation Procedure 2007
- Toggle 8 DOT Aer Lingus Limited - Statement of Authorization - Boston, Chicago, Los Angeles, New York-Shannon/Dublin 2000
- Toggle 8 FMCSA SSC - In the Matter of Far West Produce Exchange Inc. - Motion for Final Order 2001
- Toggle 8 EPA National Emission Standards for Hazardous Air Pollutants for Coal- and Oil-fired Electric Utility Steam Generating Units 2009
- Toggle 7 DOT Eirjet Limited - Exemption - Ireland-United States 2005
- Toggle 7 EPA Proposed Endangerment Finding for Greenhouse Gases under the Clean Air Act (CAA) 2009
Advisory Committees3 people on 3 committees
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.
Table shows employees of "Troutman Sanders" that sat on federal advisory committees.
- Toggle Department of Energy 1 person on 1 committee
- Toggle Morris K Udall Scholarship and Excellence in National Environmental Policy Foundation 1 person on 1 committee
- Toggle Department of the Treasury 1 person on 1 committee