Trout Unlimited is an international non-profit organization dedicated to the conservation of freshwater streams, rivers, and associated upland habitats for trout, salmon, other aquatic species, and people. Often contracted as "TU," the organization began in 1959 in Michigan. It has since spread throughout the United States and Canada.
Campaign Finance$7,790 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Trout Unlimited
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount Trout Unlimited $490,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Natural Resources,
- Clean Air & Water,
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Environment & Superfund
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.2018 Clean Water Cooperative Federalism Act of 2011 S.1775 Public Lands Renewable Energy Development Act of 2011 H.R.1581 Wilderness and Roadless Area Release Act of 2011 H.R.1 Full-Year Continuing Appropriations Act, 2011 H.R.1473 Department of Defense and Full-Year Continuing Appropriations Act, 2011 H.R.1580 Medicare Beneficiary Preservation of Choice Act of 2011
RegulationsMentioned in 56 dockets; Submitted to 3 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Trout Unlimited" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Trout Unlimited
- Toggle 1 BLM Notice of Proposed Rule: Oil and Gas; Well Stimulation, Including Hydraulic Fracturing, on Federal and Indian Lands 43 CFR 3160 2012
- Toggle 1 BLM Advance Notice of Proposed Rulemaking Regarding a Competitive Process for Leasing Public Lands for Solar and Wind Energy Development 2011
- Toggle 1 FWS Endangered Status for Gunnison Sage-grouse 2012
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Trout Unlimited
- Toggle 28 EPA An Assessment of Potential Mining Impacts on Salmon Ecosystems of Bristol Bay, Alaska 2012
- Toggle 17 EPA Greenhouse Gas New Source Performance Standard for Electric Generating Units 2011
- Toggle 9 EPA Draft Guidance on Identifying Waters Protected by the Clean Water Act 2011
- Toggle 6 NHTSA Environmental Impact Statement for Corporate Average Fuel Economy (CAFE)Standards, Model Years 2017-2025 2011
- Toggle 6 FDA Draft Environmental Assessment and Preliminary Finding of No Significant Impact For a Genetically Engineered Atlantic Salmon; Availability 2011
- Toggle 5 FWS Policy on Interpretation of the Phrase "Significant Portion of Its Range" 2011
- Toggle 4 EPA NPDES - Reissuance of the Vessel General Permit for Discharges Incidental to the Normal Operation of Vessels (VGP) 2011
- Toggle 4 FWS Revised Critical Habitat for the Northern Spotted Owl 2011
- Toggle 3 FWS Petition to List the American Eel as Threatened 2011
- Toggle 3 FWS Petition to List Either the Eastern Population or Southern Rocky Mountain Population of the Boreal Toad as an Endangered or Threatened Distinct Population Segment 2012
Advisory Committees16 people on 15 committees
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.
Table shows employees of "Trout Unlimited" that sat on federal advisory committees.
- Toggle Department of Agriculture 13 people on 12 committees
- Toggle Department of the Interior 3 people on 3 committees