Trinity Industries Inc. (NYSE: TRN) is a company that owns a variety of market-leading businesses which provide product and services to the industrial, energy, transportation and construction sectors.
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through committee's December 31, 2012 filing.
Summaryoverview of the committee's finances
- Total Raised:
- Total Spent:
- Cash on Hand:
Standardized Donation Informationcovers roughly through Q4 2012. may lag behind FEC section above, as donors and industries are identified by hand.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Trinity Industries
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount Trinity Industries $175,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Roads & Highways,
- Energy & Nuclear Power,
- Labor, Antitrust & Workplace,
- Environment & Superfund
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.3307 American Renewable Energy Production Tax Credit Extension Act of 2011 S.701 Fiscal Fairness Act S.158 Surface Transportation Board Reauthorization Act of 2011 S.2201 American Energy and Job Promotion Act H.R.662 Surface Transportation Extension Act of 2011 H.R.1380 New Alternative Transportation to Give Americans Solutions Act of 2011 H.R.1776 Older Driver and Pedestrian Safety and Roadway Enhancement Act of 2011 H.R.2014 Propane Green Autogas Solutions Act of 2011 H.R.2107 High Risk Rural Roads Safety Act of 2011 H.R.4105 To apply the countervailing duty provisions of the Tariff Act of 1930 to nonmarket economy countries, and for other purposes.
RegulationsMentioned in 19 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Trinity Industries" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Trinity Industries
- Toggle 8 FMCSA Pilot Program on NAFTA Long-Haul Trucking Provisions 2011
- Toggle 4 EPA Approval and Promulgation of Implementation Plans; State of Montana; State Implementation Plan and Regional Haze Federal Implementation Plan 2011
- Toggle 2 FRA GATX Corporation - Waiver Petition 2011
- Toggle 2 PHMSA Notice of Delays in Processing of Special Permits Applications 2011
- Toggle 1 FRA Review of FRA's Movement Approval Process Under 49 CFR 174.50 2011
- Toggle 1 EPA TX134 Texas Revisions to SIP RE: Reasonably Available Control Technology for the 1997 Eight-Hour Ozone National Ambient Air Quality Standard, submitted to EPA June 13, 2007 (TX 246, HGB SIP) and April 6, 2010 (TX-290, HGB SIP) 2012
- Toggle 1 EPA Pennsylvania- 1997 PM2.5 Pittsburgh Liberty-Clairton Attainment Demonstration 2011
- Toggle 1 STB Release of Waybill Data 2012
- Toggle 1 NHTSA Notice of Nonconforming 2009 Porsche Cayenne S Multipurpose Passenger Vehicles for Import Eligibility 2012
- Toggle 1 PHMSA Office of Hazardous Materials Safety; Notice of Delays in Processing of Special Permits Applications 2011