The Travelers Companies (NYSE: TRV) is the largest American insurance company by market value. It is also the third largest writer of U.S. commercial property casualty and the second largest writer of U.S. personal insurance through independent agents. Travelers has headquarters in St. Paul, Minnesota, and Hartford, CT with significant operations in New York, New York. It has been a component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average since June 8, 2009.
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through committee's December 31, 2012 filing.
Summaryoverview of the committee's finances
- Total Raised:
- Total Spent:
- Cash on Hand:
Standardized Donation Informationcovers roughly through Q4 2012. may lag behind FEC section above, as donors and industries are identified by hand.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Travelers Companies
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount Travelers Companies $5,760,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Copyright, Patent & Trademark,
- Aviation, Airlines & Airports,
- Foreign Relations,
- Small Business
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.1309 Flood Insurance Reform Act of 2011 H.R.1249 America Invents Act H.R.658 FAA Reauthorization and Reform Act of 2011 S.23 Patent Reform Act of 2011 H.R.5 Help Efficient, Accessible, Low-cost, Timely Healthcare (HEALTH) Act of 2011 H.R.435 National Flood Insurance Program Termination Act of 2010 H.R.623 National Commission on State Workers' Compensation Laws Act of 2011 H.R.769 Fair Access to Credit Scores Act of 2011 H.R.940 United States Covered Bond Act of 2011 H.R.966 Lawsuit Abuse Reduction Act of 2011
RegulationsMentioned in 13 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Travelers Companies" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Travelers Companies
- Toggle 4 NHTSA Insurance Reporting Requirements 2011
- Toggle 1 MSPB Opportunities To File Amicus Briefs 2011
- Toggle 1 FWS Incentivizing Voluntary Conservation Actions under the Endangered Species Act 2011
- Toggle 1 SEC Self-Regulatory Organizations; Proposed Rule Changes: New York Stock Exchange LLC 2012
- Toggle 1 NHTSA Notice of Availability 2012
- Toggle 1 NHTSA Environmental Impact Statement for Corporate Average Fuel Economy (CAFE)Standards, Model Years 2017-2025 2011
- Toggle 1 SEC Definitions; Mixed Swaps; Security-Based Swap Agreement Recordkeeping 2012
- Toggle 1 SEC Self-Regulatory Organizations; Proposed Rule Changes: Financial Industry Regulatory Authority, Inc. 2012
- Toggle 1 SEC Suspensions of Trading Orders: Liberty Silver Corp. 2012
- Toggle 1 SEC Self-Regulatory Organizations; ProposedRule Changes: ICE Clear Credit LLC 2012