The Travelers Companies (NYSE: TRV) is the largest American insurance company by market value. It is also the third largest writer of U.S. commercial property casualty and the second largest writer of U.S. personal insurance through independent agents. Travelers has headquarters in St. Paul, Minnesota, and Hartford, CT with significant operations in New York, New York. It has been a component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average since June 8, 2009.
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through committee's December 31, 2010 filing.
Summaryoverview of the committee's finances
- Total Raised:
- Total Spent:
- Cash on Hand:
Standardized Donation Informationcovers roughly through Q4 2012. may lag behind FEC section above, as donors and industries are identified by hand.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Travelers Companies
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount Travelers Companies $7,800,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Health Issues,
- Consumer Product Safety,
- Copyright, Patent & Trademark,
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.4173 Wall Street Transparency and Accountability Act of 2010 H.R.635 National Commission on State Workers' Compensation Laws Act of 2009 H.R.1020 Arbitration Fairness Act of 2009 H.R.2761 H.R.4626 Health Insurance Industry Fair Competition Act S.515 Patent Reform Act of 2009 S.3217 Private Fund Investment Advisers Registration Act of 2010 H.R.1260 Patent Reform Act of 2009 H.R.3590 Service Members Home Ownership Tax Act of 2009 H.R.3596 Health Insurance Industry Antitrust Enforcement Act of 2009
RegulationsMentioned in 9 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Travelers Companies" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Travelers Companies
- Toggle 3 NHTSA Insurer Reporting Requirements; List of Insurers Required to File Reports 2010
- Toggle 2 NHTSA Insurer Reporting Requirements; List of Insurers Required to File Reports 2009
- Toggle 2 NHTSA Notice; Request for Comments, IIHS Petion for Petition Rulemaking on the Bumper Standard 2009
- Toggle 1 NHTSA Vehicle Safety Rulemaking and Research Priority Plan 2009-2011 2009
- Toggle 1 FMCSA Office of Policy and Program Development 2010
- Toggle 1 DOT ASTAR Air Cargo, Inc. and ASTAR USA, LLC - Certificate - Transfer of Authority 2010
- Toggle 1 SEC Commission Statement in Support of Convergence and Global Accounting Standards 2010
- Toggle 1 ED Investing in Innovation--Notice of Proposed Priorities, Requirements, Definitions, and Selection Criteria 2009
- Toggle 1 NOAA Fisheries in the Western Pacific; Community Development Program Process 2010