The Travelers Companies (NYSE: TRV) is the largest American insurance company by market value. It is also the third largest writer of U.S. commercial property casualty and the second largest writer of U.S. personal insurance through independent agents. Travelers has headquarters in St. Paul, Minnesota, and Hartford, CT with significant operations in New York, New York. It has been a component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average since June 8, 2009.
Campaign Finance$5,384,009 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Travelers Companies
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount Travelers Companies $23,770,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Copyright, Patent & Trademark,
- Foreign Relations,
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title S.40 National Insurance Act of 2007 H.R.3121 Flood Insurance Reform and Modernization Act of 2008 H.R.3200 National Insurance Act of 2007 S.1782 Arbitration Fairness Act of 2007 H.R.5633 Nondiscriminatory Use of Consumer Reports and Consumer Information Act of 2008 S.2449 Sunshine in Litigation Act of 2007 H.R.1309 Flood Insurance Reform Act of 2011 H.R.4173 Wall Street Transparency and Accountability Act of 2010 H.R.2761 Terrorism Risk Insurance Revision and Extension Act of 2007 H.R.1249 America Invents Act
RegulationsMentioned in 44 dockets; Submitted to 1 docket
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Travelers Companies" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Travelers Companies
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Travelers Companies
- Toggle 4 NHTSA Insurance Reporting Requirements 2011
- Toggle 3 NHTSA Insurer Reporting Requirements; List of Insurers Required to File Reports 2010
- Toggle 2 NHTSA Insurer Reporting Requirements; List of Insurers Required to File Reports 2009
- Toggle 2 FMCSA Notice of Proposed Rulemaking (NPRM) - Hours of Service of Drivers 1997
- Toggle 2 DOT Computer Reservations Systems - Advance Notice of Proposed Rulemaking 2006
- Toggle 2 OSHA POWER PLATFORMS FOR BUILDING MAINTENANCE 2006
- Toggle 2 NHTSA Notice; Request for Comments, IIHS Petion for Petition Rulemaking on the Bumper Standard 2009
- Toggle 1 AO63 - Advanced Notice of Proposed Rulemaking - VA Veteran-Owned Small Business (VOSB) Verification Guidelines 2013
- Toggle 1 MSPB Opportunities To File Amicus Briefs 2011
- Toggle 1 FHWA Interoperability Requirements, Standards, or Performance Specifications for Automated Toll Collection Systems 2006