Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of TransCanada Pipelines
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount TransCanada Pipelines $4,170,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Energy & Nuclear Power,
- Fuel, Gas & Oil
RegulationsMentioned in 97 dockets; Submitted to 8 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "TransCanada Pipelines" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for TransCanada Pipelines
- Toggle 2 PHMSA TransCanada - Request for Wavier 2006
- Toggle 2 PHMSA U.S. DOT/PHMSA - Standards for Increasing the Maximum Allowable Operating Pressure for Gas Transmission Pipelines 2005
- Toggle 1 PHMSA TransCanada Pipeline Limited/American Natural Resources (ANR Tate County, Mississippi 2009
- Toggle 1 PHMSA TransCanada Pipeline Limited/American Natural Resouces (ANR) St. Martin Parish, Louisiana 2009
- Toggle 1 PHMSA TransCanada/American Natural - Request for Special Permit 2009
- Toggle 1 PHMSA Updates to Pipeline and Liquefied Natural Gas Reporting Requirements 2008
- Toggle 1 PHMSA TransCanada Pipelines Limited/American Natural Resources (ANR) Lucas County, Ohio 2009
- Toggle 1 PHMSA TransCanada Pipelines Limited Meadow Creek Campground Petition 2008
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for TransCanada Pipelines
- Toggle 13 DOS Comments received by the U.S. State Department on the Draft Supplemental Environmental Impact Statement for the Proposed Keystone XL Project 2013
- Toggle 12 DOS Notice of 30 Day Public Comment Period Regarding the National Interest Determination for TransCanada Keystone Pipeline, L.P.’s Presidential Permit Application 2014
- Toggle 11 PHMSA TransCanada/American Natural - Request for Special Permit 2009
- Toggle 11 PHMSA TransCanada Pipelines Limited Meadow Creek Campground Petition 2008
- Toggle 10 PHMSA TransCanada Pipelines Limited/American Natural Resources (ANR) Lucas County, Ohio 2009
- Toggle 9 PHMSA U.S. DOT/PHMSA - Standards for Increasing the Maximum Allowable Operating Pressure for Gas Transmission Pipelines 2005
- Toggle 8 PHMSA Petition for Special Permit - TransCanada Pipelines 2008
- Toggle 7 PHMSA TransCanada Pipeline Limited/American Natural Resouces (ANR) St. Martin Parish, Louisiana 2009
- Toggle 7 PHMSA TransCanada Pipelines Limited 2010
- Toggle 7 PHMSA TransCanada Pipelines Limited - Request for Modification 2010