The Timken Company (NYSE: TKR) is a global manufacturer of bearings, alloy steels, and related components and assemblies.
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through committee's December 31, 2012 filing.
Summaryoverview of the committee's finances
- Total Raised:
- Total Spent:
- Cash on Hand:
Standardized Donation Informationcovers roughly through Q4 2012. may lag behind FEC section above, as donors and industries are identified by hand.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Timken Co
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount Timken Co $770,705
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Labor, Antitrust & Workplace,
- Energy & Nuclear Power,
- Health Issues,
- Environment & Superfund,
- Fed Budget & Appropriations
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.910 Energy Tax Prevention Act of 2011 H.R.2250 EPA Regulatory Relief Act of 2011 H.R.2273 Coal Residuals Reuse and Management Act H.R.942 American Research and Competitiveness Act of 2011 H.R.2587 Protecting Jobs From Government Interference Act H.R.2833 Employee Workplace Freedom Act H.R.3057 Enforcing Orders and Reducing Customs Evasion Act of 2011 S.1133 Enforcing Orders and Reducing Customs Evasion Act of 2011 H.R.3094 Workforce Democracy and Fairness Act S.1392 EPA Regulatory Relief Act of 2011
RegulationsMentioned in 6 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Timken Co" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Timken Co
- Toggle 1 Regulation of Fuels and Fuel Additives: Quality Assurance Program for the Renewable Fuel Standard Program 2012
- Toggle 1 ITA Regulation Strengthening Accountability of Attorneys and Non-Attorney Representatives Appearing before the Department 2012
- Toggle 1 ITA Proposed Modification to Regulation Concerning the Revocation of Antidumping and Countervailing Duty Orders: 2011
- Toggle 1 NRCS Proposed Changes to Section I of State Technical Guides for ND & SD 2011
- Toggle 1 Changes to Scrapie Flock Certification Program 2012
- Toggle 1 FDA Petition Requesting to Improve Transparency With Regard to Combination Products 2012