Thomson Reuters is an information company created by the Thomson Corporation's purchase of Reuters on 17 April 2008. Thomson Reuters shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX: TRI) and the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: TRI). Thomson Reuters is headquartered in Midtown Manhattan, New York City, USA. The Woodbridge Company, a holding company for the Thomson family of Canada, owns 53% of the group, which operates in 100 countries, and has over 55,000 employees. Thomson Reuters was ranked as Canada's "leading corporate brand" in the 2010 Interbrand Best Canadian Brands ranking.
Campaign Finance$201,574 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Thomson Reuters
Names of Lobbyists
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Media Information & Publishing,
- Health Issues,
- Medicare & Medicaid,
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.1 Full-Year Continuing Appropriations Act, 2011
RegulationsMentioned in 216 dockets; Submitted to 4 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Thomson Reuters" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Thomson Reuters
- Toggle 1 HHS Group Health Plans and Health Insurance Issuers Relating to Coverage of Preventive Services under the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act 2011
- Toggle 1 DARS Safeguarding Unclassified DoD Information (DFARS Case 2011–D039) 2011
- Toggle 1 TREAS Determination of Foreign Exchange Swaps and Foreign Exchange Forwards Under the Commodity Exchange Act 2011
- Toggle 1 FAR Federal Acquisition Regulation; FAR Case 2011-001; Organizational Conflicts of Interest 2011
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Thomson Reuters
- Toggle 18 FAA In the Matter of Cornerstone Aviation, Inc. - FAA Case No. 2011NM070084 - Request for Hearing 2011
- Toggle 16 EPA Greenhouse Gas New Source Performance Standard for Electric Generating Units 2011
- Toggle 13 OCC Credit Risk Retention by Securitizers 2011
- Toggle 11 CDC Public Health Service Guideline for Reducing Transmission of Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV), Hepatitis B Virus (HBV), and Hepatitis C Virus (HCV) through Solid Organ Transplantation 2011
- Toggle 6 FAA In the Matter of Aero Micronesia, Inc. d/b/a Asia Pacific Airlines, Inc. 2012
- Toggle 4 FDA Petition Seeking Mandatory Labeling for Genetically Engineered Foods 2011
- Toggle 4 FAA In the Matter of Skywest Airlines 2012
- Toggle 4 FAA In the Matter of SkyWest Airlines, Inc. 2012
- Toggle 4 OCC Volcker Rule - Prohibition on Proprietary Trading and Certain Relationships with Hedge Funds and Private Equity Funds 2011
- Toggle 4 FAA In the Matter of Cornerstone Aviation, Inc. 2011