Thomson Reuters is an information company created by the Thomson Corporation's purchase of Reuters on 17 April 2008. Thomson Reuters shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX: TRI) and the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: TRI). Thomson Reuters is headquartered in Midtown Manhattan, New York City, USA. The Woodbridge Company, a holding company for the Thomson family of Canada, owns 53% of the group, which operates in 100 countries, and has over 55,000 employees. Thomson Reuters was ranked as Canada's "leading corporate brand" in the 2010 Interbrand Best Canadian Brands ranking.
Campaign Finance$50,710 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Thomson Reuters
Names of Lobbyists
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Media Information & Publishing,
- Health Issues,
- Medicare & Medicaid
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.1 American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 H.R.2221 Data Accountability and Trust Act H.R.5037 Federal Research Public Access Act of 2009 S.139 Data Breach Notification Act S.1490 Personal Data Privacy and Security Act of 2009
RegulationsMentioned in 130 dockets; Submitted to 3 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Thomson Reuters" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Thomson Reuters
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Thomson Reuters
- Toggle 5 CMS Medicare Program; Accountable Care Organizations and the Medicare Shared Saving Program 2010
- Toggle 5 CMS Medicare and Medicaid Programs; Electronic Health Record Incentive Program 2009
- Toggle 5 EPA EPA is proposing to approve state implementation plan (SIP) revisions submitted by the State of California on February 3, 2009, relating to reformulated gasoline (RFG) and diesel fuel sold or supplied as motor vehicle fuels in California. 2009
- Toggle 4 IRS User Fees Relating to Enrollment and Preparer Tax Identification Numbers 2010
- Toggle 4 FAA In the Matter of Federal Express Corporation - CP10NM0006 2010
- Toggle 4 EPA Approval and Promulgation of Air Quality Implementation Plans; California; Motor Vehicle Inspection and Maintenance Program 2009
- Toggle 4 FAA In the Matter of M & R Helicopters - CP10SO0011 2010
- Toggle 3 FMCSA Electronic On-Board Recorders Broader Including Hours of Service of Drivers; Supporting Documents 2010
- Toggle 3 FAA In the Matter of Carlile Transportation Systems - CP10AL0003 2010
- Toggle 3 FAA In the Matter of Empire Airlines, Inc. - CP10NM0007 2010