Thompson Coburn LLP
Thompson Coburn LLP is an "American Lawyer 200" U.S. law firm. In 2010, the firm ranked second in the nation in Midlevel Associates Survey conducted by The American Lawyer.
Campaign Finance$241,606 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying Carried Out by Thompson Coburn LLP
Names of Lobbyists
Client Amount LA County Metro Transportation Authority $50,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.4348 Transportation Research and Innovative Technology Act of 2012
Recent Lobbying Contracts
Date Client Summary April 3, 2013 Devry University Authorization, implementation, and funding of Title IV of the Higher Education Act of 1965, as amended. View registration March 26, 2013 Inovate Wireless Health Medication adherance and compliance View registration March 26, 2013 MOHELA (Missouri Higher Education Loan Authority) Title IV of the Higher Edcuation Act of 1965 as amended. View registration March 11, 2013 STMicroelectronics, Inc. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) efforts to stop importation of counterfeit semiconductors including related policy of efforts by the Department of Treasury, Homeland Security, Defense and name and defintions of "counterfeiting" and "gray market"; CBP policy regarding disclosure of counterfeit semiconductor photographs; Federal Policy regarding use of counterfeit semiconductors in military hardware, rail, automotive and electronic components industries. View registration March 11, 2013 Overstock.com, Inc. Marketplace Fairness Act (HR 684 & S. 336); Electronic commerce issues; Copyright act, first sale doctriine, patent litigation reform; Regulation of abusive short selling View registration
RegulationsMentioned in 8 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Thompson Coburn LLP" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Thompson Coburn LLP
- Toggle 1 FCC Agency Information Collection Activities; Proposals, Submissions, and Approvals 2012
- Toggle 1 APHIS Dow AgroSciences; Notice of Petition for a Determination of Nonregulated Status for Soybean Genetically Engineered for Dichlorophenoxyacetic Acid and Glufosinate 2012
- Toggle 1 FRS Formations of, Acquisitions by, and Mergers of Bank Holding Companies 2012
- Toggle 1 OMB Development of the Joint Strategic Plan on Intellectual Property Enforcement 2012
- Toggle 1 FRS Changes in Bank Control: Acquisitions of Shares of Bank or Bank Holding Company 2012
- Toggle 1 USCG Mechanisms of Compliance with United States Citizenship Requirements for the Ownership of Vessels Eligible to Engage in Restricted Trades by Publicly Traded Companies 2011
- Toggle 1 Pioneer Hi-Bred International, Inc.; Availability of Petition, Plant Pest Risk Assessment, and Environmental Assessment for Determination of Nonregulated Status of Maize Genetically Engineered for Herbicide Tolerance 2012
- Toggle 1 FMC Agreements Filed 2012