Thompson Coburn LLP
Thompson Coburn LLP is an "American Lawyer 200" U.S. law firm. In 2010, the firm ranked second in the nation in Midlevel Associates Survey conducted by The American Lawyer.
Campaign Finance$791,751 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying Carried Out by Thompson Coburn LLP
Names of Lobbyists
Client Amount LA County Metro Transportation Authority $785,000 Crowley Maritime $480,000 General Ore International $420,000 Air Transport Assn of America $310,000 Regional Transportation Comm/S Nevada $300,000 Cyren Call Communications $260,000 Offshore Marine Service Assn $220,000 Transbay Joint Powers Authority $210,000 FedEx Corp $200,000 STMicroelectronics $115,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Marine, Boats & Fisheries,
- Aviation, Airlines & Airports,
- Environment & Superfund,
- Consumer Product Safety
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.1 American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 H.R.3288 Transportation, Housing and Urban Development, and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2010 H.R.1195 SAFETEA-LU Technical Corrections Act of 2008 H.R.2764 Executive Office of the President Appropriations Act, 2008 H.R.3617 Surface Transportation Extension Act of 2009 H.R.4122 American Investment in Safe, Reliable High-Speed Rail Act S.1468 Adult Education and Economic Growth Act of 2009 S.1611 H.R.22 Postal Accountability and Enhancement Act
Recent Lobbying Contracts
Date Client Summary Oct. 4, 2013 Ranken Jordan Pediatric Center Funding for pediatric care in the FY 2014 Labor, HHS Appropriations bills (S. 1284). Monitoring legislation and congressional action related to pediatric specialty hospitals. View registration
RegulationsMentioned in 62 dockets; Submitted to 21 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Thompson Coburn LLP" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Thompson Coburn LLP
- Toggle 146 DOT United Parcel Service Co. - Petition to Institute a Public Inquiry Into the Citizenship and Foreign Control of DHL Airways, Inc. 2002
- Toggle 13 DOT Air Transport Association of America, Inc. - Approval of Agreement, Antitrust Immunity, and for Other Relief 2005
- Toggle 10 DOT Multi-Aero, Inc. d/b/a Air Choice One - Commuter Air Carrier Operations 2002
- Toggle 4 DOT Federal Express Corporation and United Parcel Service Co. - Petition for Condition and/or Modification of Part 297 Exemption Authority 2003
- Toggle 2 DOT DHL Airways, Inc. - Registration of Name Change and Re-Issuance of Certificates 2003
- Toggle 2 MARAD Notice of Requested Administrative Waiver of the Cargo Preference Act of 1954 to Allow Cargo Carriage By a Non-Qualified U.S.-Flag Vessel in the Absence of Available Qualified U.S. Flag Vessels, with Request for Comments 2002
- Toggle 1 DOT 80-1-26 Order to Show Cause - Transatlantic, Transpacific and Latin American Service Mail Rates Investigation 1996
- Toggle 1 DOT World Airways, Inc. - Exemption - Houston-Luanda, Angola 2009
- Toggle 1 IRS Suspension or Reduction of Safe Harbor Nonelective Contributions 2009
- Toggle 1 MARAD Sargent Marine Inc. Notice of Application for Written Permission for Temporary Transfer to the Domestic Trade 2003
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Thompson Coburn LLP
- Toggle 551 DOT United Parcel Service Co. - Petition to Institute a Public Inquiry Into the Citizenship and Foreign Control of DHL Airways, Inc. 2002
- Toggle 21 DOT Air Transport Association of America, Inc. - Approval of Agreement, Antitrust Immunity, and for Other Relief 2005
- Toggle 16 DOT Multi-Aero, Inc. d/b/a Air Choice One - Commuter Air Carrier Operations 2002
- Toggle 5 DOT Federal Express Corporation and United Parcel Service Co. - Petition for Condition and/or Modification of Part 297 Exemption Authority 2003
- Toggle 4 DOT Atlas Air, Inc. - Certificate - Foreign Passenger Charter Service 2009
- Toggle 4 DOT DHL Airways, Inc. - Registration of Name Change and Re-Issuance of Certificates 2003
- Toggle 3 DOT Atlas Air, Inc. - Certificate - Interstate Passenger Charter Service 2009
- Toggle 3 USCG Vessel Documentation: Lease Financing for Vessels Engaged In the Coastwise Trade 2001
- Toggle 3 EPA NESHAP for Existing Reciprocating Internal Combustion Engines 2008
- Toggle 2 USCG Implementation of National Maritime Security Initiatives 2003