The Advocacy Group
Campaign Finance$134,325 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying Carried Out by The Advocacy Group
Names of Lobbyists
Client Amount JB Advocacy $500,000 California Dairies Inc $400,000 Detroit International Bridge $320,000 CoreLogic Inc $320,000 United Parcel Service $280,000 Louisiana Energy Services $240,000 Emergent BioSolutions $240,000 Intel Corp $240,000 Small Business Investor Alliance $240,000 Long Island University $160,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Energy & Nuclear Power,
- Health Issues,
- Law Enforcement & Crime,
- Veterans Affairs,
- Fed Budget & Appropriations
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.2356 WMD Prevention and Preparedness Act of 2011 H.R.3183 To amend title XXVII of the Public Health Service Act to exempt licensed independent insurance producer remuneration from the medical loss ratio. S.174 Healthy Lifestyles and Prevention America Act S.1436 Transportation and Regional Infrastructure Project Bonds Act of 2011 H.R.2405 Pandemic and All-Hazards Preparedness Reauthorization Act of 2011 S.1855 Pandemic and All-Hazards Preparedness Act Reauthorization of 2011 S.3644 Transportation, Housing and Urban Development, and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2011 H.R.2017 Continuing Appropriations Act, 2012 H.R.3219 Small Business Investment Company Modernization Act of 2011 H.R.5850 Department of Transportation Appropriations Act, 2011
RegulationsMentioned in 10 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "The Advocacy Group" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for The Advocacy Group
- Toggle 2 EPA Response to the Section 126 Petitions From New Jersey submitted May 12, 2010 and September 13, 2010 2011
- Toggle 1 EPA Hazardous and Solid Waste Management System: Identification and Listing of Special Wastes; Disposal of Coal Combustion Residuals From Electric Utilities: Notice of Data Availability 2011
- Toggle 1 EPA Petition Requesting Ban on Use and Production of Atrazine 2011
- Toggle 1 USCIS Provisional Unlawful Presence Waivers of Inadmissibility for Certain Immediate Relatives 2012
- Toggle 1 FDA Regulate Labeling of Opioid Analgesics 2012
- Toggle 1 HHS Group Health Plans and Health Insurance Issuers Relating to Coverage of Preventive Services under the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act 2011
- Toggle 1 NHTSA Environmental Impact Statement for Corporate Average Fuel Economy (CAFE)Standards, Model Years 2017-2025 2011
- Toggle 1 ED A Study of Implementation and Outcomes in Upward Bound and Other TRIO Programs 2012
- Toggle 1 FDA Draft Environmental Assessment and Preliminary Finding of No Significant Impact For a Genetically Engineered Atlantic Salmon; Availability 2011
- Toggle 1 OPM Presumption of Insurable Interest for Same-Sex Domestic Partners 2012