Textron (NYSE: TXT) is a conglomerate that includes Bell Helicopter, E-Z-GO, Cessna Aircraft Company, and Greenlee, among others. It was founded by Royal Little in 1923 as the Special Yarns Company, and is headquartered at the Textron Tower in Providence, Rhode Island, United States.
Campaign Finance$7,871,042 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Textron Inc
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount Textron Inc $73,830,000 AAI Corp $740,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Aviation, Airlines & Airports,
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Science & Technology,
- Automotive Industry,
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.915 FAA Reauthorization Act of 2009 S.223 FAA Air Transportation Modernization and Safety Improvement Act H.R.658 FAA Reauthorization and Reform Act of 2011 H.R.2881 FAA Reauthorization Act of 2007 S.1300 Aviation Investment and Modernization Act of 2007 H.R.1585 National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2008 H.R.978 Helicopter Medical Services Patient Safety, Protection, and Coordination Act S.1547 National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2008 H.R.1201 Air Medical Safety Act H.R.1540 National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2012
RegulationsMentioned in 170 dockets; Submitted to 12 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Textron Inc" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Textron Inc
- Toggle 3 PHMSA HR Textron - Exemption - The Manufacture, Marking and Sale of non-DOT Specification Stainless Steel Alloy Cylinders 1998
- Toggle 1 USTR Request for Comments on Canada’s Expression of Interest in the Proposed Trans-Pacific Partnership Trade Agreement 2011
- Toggle 1 FAA 2008-SW-065-AD Bell Helicopter Textron, Inc. Model 204B, 205A, 205A-1, 205B, and 212 Helicopters 2012
- Toggle 1 DOT Alitalia-Linee Aeree Italiane-S.p.A., Czech Airlines, Delta Air Lines, Inc., KLM Royal Dutch Airlines, Northwest Airlines, Inc. and Societe Air France - Approval of and Antitrust Immunity for Alliance Agreements 2004
- Toggle 1 OSHA CONSTRUCTION STANDARDS (PT 1518) 1971
- Toggle 1 DOT Alitalia-Linee Aeree Italiane-S.p.A., Czech Airlines, Delta Air Lines, Inc., KLM Royal Dutch Airlines, Northwest Airlines, Inc. and Societe Air France - Approval of and Antitrust Immunity for Alliance Agreements 2007
- Toggle 1 OSHA MECHANICAL POWER PRESSES 2006
- Toggle 1 OSHA HAZARD COMMUNICATION 2006
- Toggle 1 OSHA INDOOR AIR QUALITY - Part 1 of 6 2006
- Toggle 1 DOT 2007, 2008, 2009 US-China Air Services and Combination Frequency Allocation Procedure 2007
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Textron Inc
- Toggle 9 PHMSA HR Textron - Exemption - The Manufacture, Marking and Sale of non-DOT Specification Stainless Steel Alloy Cylinders 1998
- Toggle 5 EPA National Emission Standards for Halogenated Solvent Cleaning 2002
- Toggle 4 EPA Effluent Limitation Guidelines and New Source Performance Standards for the Construction and Development Category 2008
- Toggle 4 FAA Airworthiness Standards: Propellers 2007
- Toggle 4 USCG Cabrillo Port Liquefied Natural Gas Deepwater Port License Application 2004
- Toggle 3 EPA Effluent Guidelines and Standards for the Airport Deicing Category 2004
- Toggle 3 ITA Recently Posted ITA Rules and Notices. Unknown
- Toggle 3 EPA Approval and Promulgation of Implementation Plans; State of Montana; State Implementation Plan and Regional Haze Federal Implementation Plan 2011
- Toggle 3 OSHA LEAD 2006
- Toggle 2 FAA In the Matter of Bell Helicopter Textron, Inc. 2011
|2008||$2,800,000||Textron Inc: Armored Security Behicles (ASV) -- Armored Security Vehicle, M-1117 Guardian ASV Turret Upgrades|
Federal Spending91 contracts
Federal grants, contracts and loans are reported by federal agencies using the FPDS and FAADS systems. The data is made available to the public at USASpending.gov. Please note that the completeness and quality of the data varies greatly by agency.
Only grants, contracts and loans with amounts over $1 million are shown.
Because company names are not reported in a standardized manner, we cannot reliably determine the company receiving the contract or award. The results shown here are based on a search for the company name. Individual records may be missed or erroneously included because of name variations. For more information, please see our federal spending methodology page.
Note: Company names in federal spending data are not standardized. The table below is included only as a sample of what is available in the data and has not been reviewed for accuracy or completeness. To investigate the data further, use the links at the bottom of the table.
|Textron Inc.||2010||DEFINITIZE LETTER CONTRACT, ESTABLISH OPTIONS AND EXERCISE OPTIONS||$350,709,033|
|Textron Inc.||2011||PROCUREMENT OF MEDIUM ARMORED SECURITY VEHICLES AND SUPPORT FOR THE AFGHANISTAN NATIONAL ARMY-PSUEDO FMS ACTION||$117,130,627|
|Textron Inc.||2009||191 M1117'S, 38 M1200 KNIGHTS AND 56 TOOL SETS, AWARDED VIA A LETTER CONTRACT||$99,491,233|
|Textron Inc.||2012||CONTRACT DEFINITIZATION - PHASE II||$97,799,691|
|Textron Inc.||2010||INCORPORATE DEFINITIVE PRICE CLINS TO PURCHASE VEHICLES FOR IRAQ. FMS CASE # IQ-B-VPQ||$84,705,031|
|Textron Inc.||2012||DETAIL DESIGN AND CONSTRUCTION (DD&C) OF SHIP TO SHORE CONNECTOR||$80,739,000|
|Textron Inc.||2011||OPTION EXERCISE- ASVS, KNIGHTS AND TOOLS||$64,332,732|
|Textron Inc.||2012||LIMITATION OBLIGATION INCREASED FROM 49% TO 75%||$64,272,271|
Contractor Misconduct17 Instances
This information is collected by the Project On Government Oversight from press releases, court documents, news reports and other public records. It is not meant to be an exhaustive account of all instances of federal contractor misconduct.
More information on each instance, including primary source documents, is available on POGO's site by clicking on the instance description. More information on POGO's methodology is available here.
|Misconduct Type||Hired By||Incident||Year||Disposition||Penalty|
|Other||None||Piper Cherokee Airplane Crash||2010||Judgment Against Defendant||$88,700,000|
|Cost/Labor Mischarge||Defense - Army||TH-67 and OH-58 Program Mischarging||2006||Settlement||$16,570,018|
|Government Contract Fraud||Defense - Air Force||Manier v. Textron Inc. (Inflating Labor Costs)||1998||Settlement||$9,800,000|
|Environment||Defense - Army||Massachusetts Military Reservation Cleanup||2007||Settlement||$7,700,000|
|Other||None||2008 Helicopter Crash Wrongful Death||2010||Judgment Against Defendant||$5,600,000|
|Ethics||International||Oil For Food Program Kickbacks - SEC Investigation||2007||Settlement||$3,535,041|
|Ethics||International||Oil For Food Program Kickbacks - Criminal Investigation||2007||Non-Prosecution Agreement||$1,150,000|
|Labor||None||Mock v. Textron (Age Discrimination)||2004||Judgment Against Defendant||$558,039|
|Government Contract Fraud||Defense - General||Failure to Test Equipment||1995||Settlement||$100,000|
|Environment||None||Violation of Federal Aviation Administration Hazardous Materials Regulations||1998||Fine||$35,000|
EPA Violations13 Enforcement Actions
Figures are based on data from the Environmental Protection Agency’s ECHO website. The ECHO database contains federal and state environmental enforcement actions. Data displayed here includes only those actions that began after 2000 and resulted in fines of over $1 million.
Actions where the company was the sole defendant are listed first. Actions where the company is one of multiple defendants are listed subsequently.
For more information see our EPA methodology page.
|Textron Systems Corporation||Textron Systems Corporation||2008||Camp Edwards, Ma||$1,550,000|
|Nuclear Metals Inc Superfund Site / Textron||Textron Inc (+3 others)||2011||Concord, Ma||$74,115,000|
|Alliance Chemical Inc Et Al.||Textron Inc (+71 others)||2007||Newark, Nj||$37,000,000|
|Sutton Brook Disposal Area/Ausimont Ind||Textron Systems Corp (+48 others)||2010||Tewksbury, Ma||$34,480,000|
|Alcan Corporation||Texron Inc (+81 others)||2007||Newark, Nj||$13,150,000|
|Casmalia - De Minimis Aoc||Textron Inc. (+191 others)||2004||Casmalia, Ca||$11,900,000|
|Leonard Chemical Superfund Site||Textron, Inc. (+29 others)||2004||Catawba, Sc||$10,434,617|
|Nuclear Metals||Textron Inc (+4 others)||2008||Concord, Ma||$6,000,000|
|Parsons Casket Hardware Co. Section 107 Litigation (Cercla)||Textron, Inc. (+4 others)||2010||Belvidere, Il||$3,600,000|
|Abb, Inc. Et Al (Spectron Deminimis Settlement)||Textron Inc (For Itself & Textron Lycomi (+547 others)||2003||Elkton, Md||$2,803,841|
Advisory Committees3 people on 3 committees
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.
Table shows employees of "Textron Inc" that sat on federal advisory committees.
- Toggle Department of Homeland Security 1 person on 1 committee
- Toggle Department of Defense 1 person on 1 committee
- Toggle Department of Transportation 1 person on 1 committee