Teva Pharmaceuticals USA
Campaign Finance$1,068,454 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Teva Pharmaceuticals USA
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount Teva Pharmaceuticals USA $24,800,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Copyright, Patent & Trademark,
- Health Issues,
- Medicare & Medicaid,
- Labor, Antitrust & Workplace,
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Medical Research & Clin Labs,
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title S.515 Patent Reform Act of 2009 S.369 Preserve Access to Affordable Generics Act S.27 Preserve Access to Affordable Generics Act S.23 Patent Reform Act of 2011 H.R.1249 America Invents Act S.610 Patent Reform Act of 2009 S.1505 Affordable Biologics for Consumers Act H.R.1260 Patent Reform Act of 2009 S.1695 Biologics Price Competition and Innovation Act of 2007 H.R.1038
RegulationsMentioned in 108 dockets; Submitted to 10 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Teva Pharmaceuticals USA" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Teva Pharmaceuticals USA
- Toggle 3 FDA Amlodipine Abbreviated New Drug Application Approvals 2007
- Toggle 2 FDA Withhold Approval of Generic Lovenox (Enoxaparin Sodium Inject) 2003
- Toggle 1 FDA Report to Congress on Pediatric Exclusivity 2000
- Toggle 1 FDA To Refrain From Approving Certain Abbreviated New Drug Applications for Generic Versions of ACTOS® (Pioglitazone Hydrochloride) Tablets and ACTOPLUS MET® Tablets 2009
- Toggle 1 FDA Losartan 180-Day Exclusivity 2010
- Toggle 1 FDA Draft Guidance for Industry on Tablet Scoring: Nomenclature, Labeling, and Data for Evaluation; Availability 2011
- Toggle 1 FDA Draft Guidance for Industry on Providing Regulatory Submissions in Electronic Format- Receipt Date 2007
- Toggle 1 FDA Standards for Standardized Numerical Identifier, Track and Trace, and Authentication for Prescription Drugs 2008
- Toggle 1 FDA Technologies for Prescription Drug Identification, Track and Trace, or Authentication; Request for Information 2008
- Toggle 1 FDA 30-Month Stay Under the QI Program Supplemental Funding Act of 2008 2009
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Teva Pharmaceuticals USA
- Toggle 62 FDA Generic Drug Speeches & Policy and Procedure Guides 1990
- Toggle 15 FDA Amlodipine Abbreviated New Drug Application Approvals 2007
- Toggle 9 FDA Risperdal (Risperidone) Tablets 2007
- Toggle 7 FDA Misbranding of generic azithromycin products marketed by Teva Pharmaceuticals USA and Sandoz Inc. - CLOSED 2006
- Toggle 6 FDA That the FDA Promptly Confirm That: Teva Pharmaceuticals USA, Inc. is not Entitled to 180-day Generic Exclusivity for Lamivudine tablets, 150 mg/300 mg; and Lupin, and not Teva is not Eligible for 180 day Generic Exclusivity, Pursuant to 21 U.S.C. Section 355(i)(5)(B)(iv), for Lamivudine and Zidovudine Tablets, 150 mg/300 mg -CLOSED 2010
- Toggle 5 FDA Acarbose Tablets and 180-day exclusivity 2007
- Toggle 5 FDA Determine Whether Vioxx Tablets, Manufactured by Merck has Been Voluntarily Withdrawn or Withheld From Sale for Safety or Efficacy Reasons 2005
- Toggle 5 FDA Safety Concerns Regarding Buprenorphine for Opioid Dependence 2012
- Toggle 4 FDA To Refrain From Approving Certain Abbreviated New Drug Applications for Generic Versions of ACTOS® (Pioglitazone Hydrochloride) Tablets and ACTOPLUS MET® Tablets 2009
- Toggle 4 FDA Withhold Approval of Generic Lovenox (Enoxaparin Sodium Inject) 2003
Federal Spending2 contracts
Federal grants, contracts and loans are reported by federal agencies using the FPDS and FAADS systems. The data is made available to the public at USASpending.gov. Please note that the completeness and quality of the data varies greatly by agency.
Only grants, contracts and loans with amounts over $1 million are shown.
Because company names are not reported in a standardized manner, we cannot reliably determine the company receiving the contract or award. The results shown here are based on a search for the company name. Individual records may be missed or erroneously included because of name variations. For more information, please see our federal spending methodology page.
Note: Company names in federal spending data are not standardized. The table below is included only as a sample of what is available in the data and has not been reviewed for accuracy or completeness. To investigate the data further, use the links at the bottom of the table.
|Teva Pharmaceuticals Usa Inc||2005||$3,784,592|
|Teva Pharmaceuticals Usa Incorporated||2007||Veterans Affairs, Department Of||PHARMACEUTICALS FOR PATIENTS||$2,163,075|
EPA Violations5 Enforcement Actions
Figures are based on data from the Environmental Protection Agency’s ECHO website. The ECHO database contains federal and state environmental enforcement actions. Data displayed here includes only those actions that began after 2000 and resulted in fines of over $1 million.
Actions where the company was the sole defendant are listed first. Actions where the company is one of multiple defendants are listed subsequently.
For more information see our EPA methodology page.
|Alliance Chemical Inc Et Al.||Teva Pharmaceuticals USA Inc fka Biocraft Labs Inc (+71 others)||2007||Newark, Nj||$37,000,000|
|Alcan Corporation||Teva Pharmaceuticals USA, Inc. (+81 others)||2007||Newark, Nj||$13,150,000|
|Agere Systems, Et Al||Teva Pharmaceuticals Usa, Inc (+138 others)||2007||Elkton, Md||$11,300,000|
|Lwd, Inc.||Teva Pharmaceuticals Usa, Inc. (Fka Biocraft Labor (+84 others)||2007||Calvert City, Ky||$10,000,000|
|Clayton Chemical||Teva Pharmaceuticals Usa, Inc. (+26 others)||2002||Sauget, Il||$1,876,060|