Telecommunications Industry Assn
The Telecommunications Industry Association (TIA) is a global trade association headquartered in the United States that represents about 600 telecommunications companies. TIA helps create universal networking and education standards for the telephony, data networking, and convergence industry. TIA has helped develop networking standards that have been used worldwide, including:
Campaign Finance$178,891 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Telecommunications Industry Assn
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount Telecommunications Industry Assn $8,542,556
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Radio & TV Broadcasting,
- Computers & Information Tech,
- Science & Technology,
- Homeland Security,
- Economics & Econ Development,
- Fed Budget & Appropriations
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title S.522 Spectrum Relocation Improvement Act of 2011 H.R.3101 Twenty-First Century Communications and Video Accessibility Act of 2010 H.R.2419 Farm Bill Extension Act of 2007 H.R.3523 Cyber Intelligence Sharing and Protection Act of 2011 H.R.3919 Broadband Census of America Act of 2007 H.R.6320 Twenty-first Century Communications and Video Accessibility Act of 2008 S.1492 Broadband Data Improvement Act S.3304 Equal Access to 21st Century Communications Act H.R.4899 Disaster Relief and Summer Jobs Act of 2010 S.112 A bill to authorize the application of State law with respect to vehicle weight limitations on the Interstate Highway System in the States of Maine and Vermont.
RegulationsMentioned in 106 dockets; Submitted to 39 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Telecommunications Industry Assn" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Telecommunications Industry Assn
- Toggle 2 ATBCB Updates to Section 508 Electronic and Information Technology Accessibility Standards, Telecommunications Act Accessibility Guidelines, and Americans with Disabilities Act Accessibility Guidelines for Buildings and Facilities 2010
- Toggle 2 USTR Section 1377, Compliance with Telecom Trade Agreement 2010
- Toggle 2 EERE Energy Efficiency Program for Consumer Products: Public Meeting and Availability of Framework Document for Battery Chargers and External Power Supplies 2008
- Toggle 1 USTR Request for Comments Concerning Free Trade Agreement With the Republic of Colombia 2009
- Toggle 1 USTR Request for Comments Concerning Free Trade Agreement With the Republic of Korea 2009
- Toggle 1 HHS Meaningful use of Healthcare Information Technology 2009
- Toggle 1 USTR Request for Comments on Proposed Trans-Pacific Partnership Trade Agreement 2009
- Toggle 1 USTR Request for Comments on Mexico’s Expression of Interest in the Proposed Trans-Pacific Partnership Trade Agreement 2011
- Toggle 1 USTR Compliance with Telecommunications Trade Agreements; Request for Comments 2011
- Toggle 1 Detection and Avoidance of Counterfeit Electronic Parts (DFARS Case 2012-D055) 2013
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Telecommunications Industry Assn
- Toggle 5 EERE Energy Efficiency Program for Consumer Products: Public Meeting and Availability of Framework Document for Battery Chargers and External Power Supplies 2008
- Toggle 5 ATBCB Updates to Section 508 Electronic and Information Technology Accessibility Standards and Telecommunications Act Accessibility Guidelines 2011
- Toggle 4 DOE Implementing the National Broadband Plan 2010
- Toggle 3 ATBCB Updates to Section 508 Electronic and Information Technology Accessibility Standards, Telecommunications Act Accessibility Guidelines, and Americans with Disabilities Act Accessibility Guidelines for Buildings and Facilities 2010
- Toggle 3 GSA Notices 2013
- Toggle 3 NTIA Recently Posted NTIA Rules and Notices. Unknown
- Toggle 3 EERE Energy Conservation Program: Test Procedure for Set-Top Boxes 2012
- Toggle 3 USCG Long Range Aids to Navigation (LORAN) Program, Preparation of Programmatic Environmental Impact Standard 2007
- Toggle 3 OMB Federal Participation in the Development and Use of Voluntary Consensus Standards and in Conformity Assessment Activities 2012
- Toggle 2 USCG Nationwide Automatic Identification System (NAIS); Preparation of Environmental Impact Statement 2005
Advisory Committees2 people on 1 committee
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.
Table shows employees of "Telecommunications Industry Assn" that sat on federal advisory committees.
- Toggle Architectural and Transportation Barriers Compliance Board 2 people on 1 committee