Takeda Pharmaceuticals North America
Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited (武田薬品工業株式会社, Takeda Yakuhin Kōgyō Kabushiki-gaisha?) (TYO: 4502) is the largest pharmaceutical company in Japan and Asia and a top 15 pharmaceutical company. The company has over 19,000 employees worldwide and achieved $15.7 billion USD in revenue during the 2008 fiscal year. The company is focused on metabolic disorders, gastroenterology, neurology, inflammation, as well as oncology through its independent subsidiary, Millennium: The Takeda Oncology Company. Its headquarters is located in Chuo-ku, Osaka, and it has an office in Nihonbashi, Chuo, Tokyo.
Campaign Finance$297,825 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Takeda Pharmaceuticals North America
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount Takeda Pharmaceuticals North America $3,375,389
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Health Issues,
- Medicare & Medicaid,
- Copyright, Patent & Trademark,
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Medical Research & Clin Labs,
- Clean Air & Water,
- Consumer Product Safety
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title S.525 Pharmaceutical Market Access and Drug Safety Act of 2009 H.R.3590 Service Members Home Ownership Tax Act of 2009 H.R.573 S.369 Preserve Access to Affordable Generics Act S.1232 Pharmaceutical Market Access and Drug Safety Act of 2009 H.R.4872 Health Care and Education Affordability Reconciliation Act of 2010 H.R.4899 Disaster Relief and Summer Jobs Act of 2010 S.501 Fair Prescription Drug Competition Act H.R.1548 Pathway for Biosimilars Act H.R.1706 Protecting Consumer Access to Generic Drugs Act of 2009
RegulationsMentioned in 21 dockets; Submitted to 1 docket
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Takeda Pharmaceuticals North America" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Takeda Pharmaceuticals North America
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Takeda Pharmaceuticals North America
- Toggle 4 FDA To Refrain From Approving Certain Abbreviated New Drug Applications for Generic Versions of ACTOS® (Pioglitazone Hydrochloride) Tablets and ACTOPLUS MET® Tablets 2009
- Toggle 2 FDA Advisory Committee, Workshops, and Conferences Notices Various Meetings Notices (eg., Task Force Meeting, etc.) 2010
- Toggle 2 USDA Task Force on Childhood Obesity 2010
- Toggle 2 CMS Medicare Program; Accountable Care Organizations and the Medicare Shared Saving Program 2010
- Toggle 1 NIH Public Meeting on Expansion of the Clinical Trial Registry and Results Data Bank 2009
- Toggle 1 CMS Medicare End-Stage Renal Disease Prospective Payment System 2009
- Toggle 1 FDA Patent Term Extension Application for ULORIC® (febuxostat), U.S. Patent No. 5,614,520 2009
- Toggle 1 CMS The Paul Wellstone and Pete Domenici Mental Health Parity and Addiction Equity Act of 2008 2009
- Toggle 1 CMS Medicare Part D Data 2010
- Toggle 1 CMS Medicare Program; Policy and Technical Changes to the Medicare Advantage and the Medicare Prescription Drug Benefit Programs 2009
Advisory Committees1 person on 1 committee
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.
Table shows employees of "Takeda Pharmaceuticals North America" that sat on federal advisory committees.
- Toggle Department of Health and Human Services 1 person on 1 committee