Takeda Pharmaceuticals North America
Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited (武田薬品工業株式会社, Takeda Yakuhin Kōgyō Kabushiki-gaisha?) (TYO: 4502) is the largest pharmaceutical company in Japan and Asia and a top 15 pharmaceutical company. The company has over 19,000 employees worldwide and achieved $15.7 billion USD in revenue during the 2008 fiscal year. The company is focused on metabolic disorders, gastroenterology, neurology, inflammation, as well as oncology through its independent subsidiary, Millennium: The Takeda Oncology Company. Its headquarters is located in Chuo-ku, Osaka, and it has an office in Nihonbashi, Chuo, Tokyo.
Campaign Finance$1,049,461 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Takeda Pharmaceuticals North America
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount Takeda Pharmaceuticals North America $8,067,333
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Medicare & Medicaid,
- Health Issues,
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Copyright, Patent & Trademark,
- Medical Research & Clin Labs,
- Clean Air & Water,
- Consumer Product Safety
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title S.525 Pharmaceutical Market Access and Drug Safety Act of 2009 H.R.3590 Service Members Home Ownership Tax Act of 2009 H.R.573 S.369 Preserve Access to Affordable Generics Act S.1232 Pharmaceutical Market Access and Drug Safety Act of 2009 H.R.4872 Health Care and Education Affordability Reconciliation Act of 2010 H.R.4899 Disaster Relief and Summer Jobs Act of 2010 S.501 Fair Prescription Drug Competition Act H.R.1548 Pathway for Biosimilars Act H.R.1706 Protecting Consumer Access to Generic Drugs Act of 2009
RegulationsMentioned in 56 dockets; Submitted to 6 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Takeda Pharmaceuticals North America" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Takeda Pharmaceuticals North America
- Toggle 1 FDA Draft Guidance for Industry on Hypertension Indication: Drug Labeling for Cardiovascular Outcome Claims; Availability 2008
- Toggle 1 FDA Guidance for Sponsors, Industry, Researchers, Investigators, and FDA Staff: Certifications To Accompany Drug, Biological Product, and Device Applications/ Submissions: Compliance with Section 402(j) of The Public Health Service Act, 42 U.S.C. § 282(j), Added By Title VIII of The Food and Drug Administration Amendments Act of 2007 2008
- Toggle 1 FDA Agency Information Collection Activities; Proposed Collection; Comment Request; Certification to Accompany Drug, Biological Product, and Device Applications or Submissions (Form FDA 3674) 2008
- Toggle 1 EBSA Incentives for Nondiscriminatory Wellness Programs in Group Health Plans 2012
- Toggle 1 FDA To Refrain From Approving Certain Abbreviated New Drug Applications for Generic Versions of ACTOS® (Pioglitazone Hydrochloride) Tablets and ACTOPLUS MET® Tablets 2009
- Toggle 1 FDA Draft Guidance for Industry on Diabetes Mellitus: Developing Drugs and Therapeutic Biologics for Treatment and Prevention; Availability 2008
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Takeda Pharmaceuticals North America
- Toggle 5 FDA Approval of Generic Versions of Pioglitazone Hydrochloride with Less than Complete Labeling 2007
- Toggle 4 FDA To Refrain From Approving Certain Abbreviated New Drug Applications for Generic Versions of ACTOS® (Pioglitazone Hydrochloride) Tablets and ACTOPLUS MET® Tablets 2009
- Toggle 4 Refrain From Approving any ANDA Referencing DEXILANT (dexlansoprazole) Delayed-release Capsules Oral Use, Unless the Conditions Specified in This Petition are Satisfied 2013
- Toggle 2 FMCSA Hours of Service of Drivers 2004
- Toggle 2 CMS Medicare Program; End-Stage Renal Disease Prospective Payment System, Quality Incentive Program, and Bad Debt Reductions for all Medicare Providers 2012
- Toggle 2 CMS Medicare Program; Revisions to Payment Policies Under the Physician Fee Schedule, DME Face-to-Face Encounters, Elimination of the Requirement for Termination of Non-Random Prepayment Complex Medical Review and Other Revisions to Part B for CY 2013 (CMS-1590-P) 2012
- Toggle 2 CMS Medicare Program; Accountable Care Organizations and the Medicare Shared Saving Program 2010
- Toggle 2 FDA 75-Day Premarket Notifications for New Dietary Ingredients 1995
- Toggle 2 CMS Exchanges Part II--Standards Related to Essential Health Benefits; Health Insurance Issuer and Exchange Responsibilities with Respect to Actuarial Value, Quality, and Accreditation CMS-9980-P 2012
- Toggle 2 FDA Advisory Committee, Workshops, and Conferences Notices Various Meetings Notices (eg., Task Force Meeting, etc.) 2010
Advisory Committees1 person on 1 committee
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.
Table shows employees of "Takeda Pharmaceuticals North America" that sat on federal advisory committees.
- Toggle Department of Health and Human Services 1 person on 1 committee