Swisher International Group, with executive offices located in Darien, Connecticut and operational headquarters located in Jacksonville, Florida is the world's largest cigar company as measured by units sold and is America’s largest cigar exporter, shipping to nearly 90 countries.
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through committee's December 31, 2012 filing.
Summaryoverview of the committee's finances
- Total Raised:
- Total Spent:
- Cash on Hand:
Standardized Donation Informationcovers roughly through Q3 2013. may lag behind FEC section above, as donors and industries are identified by hand.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Swisher International
Names of Lobbyists
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.1639 Traditional Cigar Manufacturing and Small Business Jobs Preservation Act of 2011 H.R.2112 Agriculture, Rural Development, Food and Drug Administration, and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2012 H.R.65 Candy Tobacco Tax Parity Act of 2011 S.1461 Traditional Cigar Manufacturing and Small Business Jobs Preservation Act of 2011 S.1403 IDEA Full Funding Act S.174 Healthy Lifestyles and Prevention America Act H.R.3186 Smuggled Tobacco Prevention Act of 2011 S.216 Food Safety Accountability Act of 2011 S.1706 Smuggled Tobacco Prevention Act of 2011 H.R.3804 American Opportunity and Freedom Act of 2012
RegulationsMentioned in 6 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Swisher International" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Swisher International
- Toggle 2 FDA Assert Jurisdiction Over Cigars and Subject Cigars to Certain Sales and Distribution Regulations That Apply to Cigarettes and Smokeless Tobacco 2011
- Toggle 1 FDA Regulations Restricting the Sale and Distribution of Cigarettes and Smokeless Tobacco to Protect Children and Adolescents 2011
- Toggle 1 FDA FDA Actions Related to Nicotine Replacement Therapies and Smoking-Cessation Products; Report to Congress on Innovative Products and Treatments for Tobacco Dependence; Public Hearing; Request for Comments 2012
- Toggle 1 Smokeless Tobacco Product Warning Statements; Request for Comments and Scientific Evidence 2012
- Toggle 1 FDA Initiate a Rulemaking Procedure to Adjust the Text of a Smokeless Tobacco ("ST") Product Warning Label Statement 2011
- Toggle 1 LSC Meetings; Sunshine Act 2012