Sunoco Inc. (NYSE: SUN) is an American petroleum and petrochemical manufacturer headquartered in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States, formerly known as Sun Company Inc. (1886–1920 and 1976–1998) and Sun Oil Co. (1920–1976).
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through committee's December 31, 2012 filing.
Summaryoverview of the committee's finances
- Total Raised:
- Total Spent:
- Cash on Hand:
Standardized Donation Informationcovers roughly through Q4 2012. may lag behind FEC section above, as donors and industries are identified by hand.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Sunoco Inc
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount Sunoco Inc $1,880,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Marine, Boats & Fisheries,
- Fuel, Gas & Oil,
- Clean Air & Water,
- Energy & Nuclear Power,
- Environment & Superfund,
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.563 Domestic Energy Independence and Maritime Jobs Creation Act H.R.2401 Transparency in Regulatory Analysis of Impacts on the Nation Act of 2011 H.R.523 American Fuel Protection Act of 2011 H.R.910 Energy Tax Prevention Act of 2011 S.228 Defending America's Affordable Energy and Jobs Act S.231 EPA Stationary Source Regulations Suspension Act S.482 Energy Tax Prevention Act of 2011 S.511 Boutique Fuel Reduction Act of 2011 H.R.3548 North American Energy Access Act H.R.2838 Coast Guard and Maritime Transportation Act of 2011
RegulationsMentioned in 27 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Sunoco Inc" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Sunoco Inc
- Toggle 9 EPA Pennsylvania- Regional Haze State Implementation Plan 2012
- Toggle 4 Control of Air Pollution From New Motor Vehicles: Tier 3 Motor Vehicle Emission and Fuel Standards 2011
- Toggle 3 EPA Approval and Promulgation of Air Quality Implementation Plans; Massachusetts; Regional Haze State Implementation Plan. 2012
- Toggle 2 EPA Revising Underground Storage Tank Regulations - Revisions to existing requirements and new requirements for secondary containment and operator training 2011
- Toggle 2 NHTSA Environmental Impact Statement for Corporate Average Fuel Economy (CAFE)Standards, Model Years 2017-2025 2011
- Toggle 2 EPA NY Regional Haze SIP 2012
- Toggle 2 EPA National Emission Standards for Hazardous Air Pollutant Emissions: Group IV Polymers and Resins, Pesticide Active Ingredient Production, and Polyether Polyols Production Risk and Technology Review 2011
- Toggle 2 EPA Maryland- Regional Haze State Implementation Plan 2012
- Toggle 1 EPA West Virginia - Huntington, WV 1997 PM2.5 Nonattainment Area 2002 Base Year Inventory 2012
- Toggle 1 EPA NJ Regional Haze Program 2011
EPA Violations1 Enforcement Actions
Figures are based on data from the Environmental Protection Agency’s ECHO website. The ECHO database contains federal and state environmental enforcement actions. Data displayed here includes only those actions that began after 2000 and resulted in fines of over $1 million.
Actions where the company was the sole defendant are listed first. Actions where the company is one of multiple defendants are listed subsequently.
For more information see our EPA methodology page.
|Sunoco, Inc, Philadelphia, Marcus Hook (National Case)(Lead)||Sunoco, Inc||2011||Marcus Hook, Pa; ...||$202,650,000|
Advisory Committees1 person on 1 committee
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.