Sullivan & Cromwell
Sullivan & Cromwell LLP is an international law firm headquartered in New York. The firm has approximately 800 lawyers in 12 offices, located in financial centers in the United States, Asia, Australia and Europe. Sullivan & Cromwell was founded by Algernon Sydney Sullivan and William Nelson Cromwell in 1879. The firm consistently ranks as one of the most prestigious law firms in the world. As of 2006, it was the 15th largest law firm in the world.
Campaign Finance$521,797 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying Carried Out by Sullivan & Cromwell
Names of Lobbyists
Client Amount Clearing House Payments Co $870,000 General Electric $400,000 Private Equity Council $250,000 Private Equity Growth Capital Council $120,000 Eaton Electrical $80,000 Securities Industry & Financial Mkt Assn $50,000 Goldman Sachs $30,000 Barclays $10,000 Popular Inc $10,000 Zions First National Bank $0
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Government Issues
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.4173 Wall Street Transparency and Accountability Act of 2010 H.R.3126 Consumer Financial Protection Agency Act of 2009 S.344 Hedge Fund Transparency Act
RegulationsMentioned in 10 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Sullivan & Cromwell" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Sullivan & Cromwell
- Toggle 1 SEC Custody of Funds or Securities of Clients by Investment Advisers 2010
- Toggle 1 SEC Interactive Data to Improve Financial Reporting 2009
- Toggle 1 SEC Facilitating Shareholder Director Nominations 2010
- Toggle 1 SEC Shareholder Approval of Executive Compensation of TARP Recipients 2010
- Toggle 1 HUD FR–5333–P–01 Homeless Emergency Assistance and Rapid Transition to Housing: Defining Homeless 2010
- Toggle 1 SEC Self-Regulatory Organizations; New York Stock Exchange LLC; Order Approving Proposed Rule Change, as Modified by Amendment No. 4, To Amend NYSE Rule 452 and Corresponding Listed Company Manual Section 402.08 To Eliminate Broker Discretionary Voting for the Election of Directors, Except for Companies Registered Under the Investment Company Act of 1940 2009
- Toggle 1 SEC Internet Availability of Proxy Materials 2010
- Toggle 1 SEC Proxy Disclosure Enhancements 2009
- Toggle 1 SEC Facilitating Shareholder Director Nominations 2009
- Toggle 1 SEC Disclosure of Payments by Resource Extraction Issuers 2010
Advisory Committees2 people on 2 committees
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.
Table shows employees of "Sullivan & Cromwell" that sat on federal advisory committees.
- Toggle Department of State 1 person on 1 committee
- Toggle Department of the Treasury 1 person on 1 committee