Stryker Corporation NYSE: SYK, is a Kalamazoo, Michigan based medical technology firm which develops and produces medical implants, surgical and imaging technologies, as well as patient handling and emergency medical equipment. Presently, the company is divided into several discrete operational units, each functioning as a separate entity: Stryker Biotech; Stryker Canada; Stryker Communications; Stryker Craniomaxillofacial; Stryker Development; Stryker Endoscopy; Stryker Imaging; Stryker Japan; Stryker Latin America; Stryker MedSurg; Stryker Orthopaedics; and Stryker Spine.
Campaign Finance$27,064 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Stryker Corp
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount Stryker Corp $495,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Health Issues,
- Medicare & Medicaid,
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.436 Protect Medical Innovation Act of 2011 H.R.488 Save Our Medical Devices Act of 2011 H.R.734 To amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to repeal the medical device tax, and for other purposes. S.17 Medical Device Access and Innovation Protection Act S.262 A bill to repeal the excise tax on medical device manufacturers. H.R.3203 Novel Device Regulatory Relief Act of 2011 H.R.3204 Guidance Accountability and Transparency Act of 2011 H.R.3205 FDA Renewing Efficiency From Outside Reviewer Management Act of 2011 H.R.3206 Cultivating Scientific Expertise to Foster Innovation for Patients Act of 2011 H.R.3208 Patients Come First Act of 2011
RegulationsMentioned in 9 dockets; Submitted to 1 docket
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Stryker Corp" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Stryker Corp
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Stryker Corp
- Toggle 2 DOT Order Soliciting Small Community Grant Proposals 2011
- Toggle 1 FDA 510(k) Implementation: On-line Repository of Medical Device Labeling, including Photographs; Public Meeting 2011
- Toggle 1 CMS Medicare Program; Payment Policies Under the Physician Fee Schedule and Other Revisions to Part B for CY 2012 2011
- Toggle 1 CMS Medicare, Medicaid, Children's Health Insurance Programs; Transparency Reports and Reporting of Physician Ownership or Investment Interests (CMS-5060-P) 2011
- Toggle 1 FTC Requests for Early Termination of Waiting Period Under Premerger Notification Rules 2011
- Toggle 1 FDA Unique Device Identification System; Proposed Rule 2011
- Toggle 1 DOT 2012 - Small Community Air Service Development Program 2012
- Toggle 1 FTC Grant of Requests for Early Termination of Waiting Period Under Premerger Notification Rules 2011
- Toggle 1 FDA Accessible Medical Device Labeling in a Standard Content and Format Public Workshop; Request for Comments 2012