Stony Brook University
Stony Brook University, also known as the State University of New York at Stony Brook, is a public research university founded in 1957 located in Stony Brook, New York, on the North Shore of Long Island, about 60 miles (97 km) east of Manhattan.
Campaign Finance$38,485 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
RegulationsMentioned in 37 dockets; Submitted to 8 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Stony Brook University" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Stony Brook University
- Toggle 2 FDA Medical Devices: Neurological Devices; Electroconvulsive Therapy Device; Establishing a Public Docket 2009
- Toggle 1 FDA Neurological Devices Panel of the Medical Devices Advisory Committee; Notice of Meeting 2010
- Toggle 1 FSIS Availability of Compliance Guide for the Use of Video or Other Electronic Monitoring or Recording Equipment in Federally Inspected Establishments 2010
- Toggle 1 HHS Meaningful use of Healthcare Information Technology 2009
- Toggle 1 NOAA Atlantic Highly Migratory Species; Atlantic Bluefin Tuna Season and Retention Limit Adjustments 2009
- Toggle 1 FSIS Non-Ambulatory Disabled Veal Calves and Other Non-Ambulatory Disabled Livestock at Slaughter; Petitions for Rulemaking 2010
- Toggle 1 FDA Risk Evaluation and Mitigation Strategies for Certain Opioid Drugs; Notice of Public Meeting 2009
- Toggle 1 FDA Required Warnings for Cigarette Packages & Advertisements 2010
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Stony Brook University
- Toggle 13 CMS Revisions to Payment Policies Under the Physician Fee Schedule, and Other Part B Payment Policies; Revisions to Payment Policies for Ambulance Services for CY 2008; and the Proposed Elimination of the E-Rx Exemption for Computer-Generated Faxes*** 2010
- Toggle 5 EPA Proposed Endangerment Finding for Greenhouse Gases under the Clean Air Act (CAA) 2009
- Toggle 4 NOAA Endangered and Threatened Wildlife and Plants; Proposed Listing Determinations for Three Distinct Population Segments of Atlantic Sturgeon in the Northeast Region 2010
- Toggle 3 FDA Medical Devices: Neurological Devices; Electroconvulsive Therapy Device; Establishing a Public Docket 2009
- Toggle 3 NHTSA Notice of Intent to Prepare an Environmental Impact Statement for New Corporate Average Fuel Economy Standards 2009
- Toggle 3 FDA Required Warnings for Cigarette Packages & Advertisements 2010
- Toggle 2 CMS Revisions to Payment Policies Under the Physician Fee Schedule for Calendar Year 2005 2010
- Toggle 2 NHTSA Notice of Intent to Prepare an Environmental Impact Statement for New Medium and Heavy Duty Fuel Efficiency Improvement Program 2010
- Toggle 2 CMS Notification Procedures for Hospital Discharges 2010
- Toggle 1 FDA Veterinary Feed Directive 2010
Stony Brook University:
Cancer Prevention through Remote Biological Sensing
Advisory Committees31 people on 23 committees
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.
Table shows employees of "Stony Brook University" that sat on federal advisory committees.
- Toggle National Science Foundation 26 people on 19 committees
- Toggle Department of Energy 2 people on 2 committees
- Toggle Department of Health and Human Services 2 people on 1 committee
- Toggle Department of Defense 1 person on 1 committee