University at Buffalo
State University of New York at Buffalo, commonly known as the University at Buffalo or UB, is a public research university which has multiple campuses located in Buffalo and Amherst, New York, USA. Offering 84 bachelor's, 184 master's and 78 doctoral degrees, it is a flagship campus and the largest of the four comprehensive university centers within the State University of New York (SUNY) system. From its inception in 1846 until 1962, the private school was known as the University of Buffalo. Once it became a state university, the name was changed, but many alumni still refer to it by the former name.
Campaign Finance$202,271 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of University at Buffalo
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount University at Buffalo $1,006,727 Cyber Security Industry Alliance $37,500
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Science & Technology,
- Health Issues,
- Energy & Nuclear Power,
- Economics & Econ Development,
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Homeland Security
RegulationsMentioned in 120 dockets; Submitted to 11 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "University at Buffalo" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for University at Buffalo
- Toggle 1 FDA Disclosure of Nutrient Content Information for Standard Menu Items Offered for Sale at Chain Restaurants or Similar Retail Food Establishments and for Articles of Food Sold from Vending Machines 2010
- Toggle 1 FDA Strengthening the Center for Devices and Radiological Health’s 510(k) Review Process; Public Meeting; Request for Comments 2010
- Toggle 1 HHS Health Information Technology; HIT Policy Committee: Request for Comment Regarding the Stage 3 Definition of Meaningful Use of Electronic Health Records (EHRs) 2012
- Toggle 1 HHS Rescission of the Regulation entitled "Ensuring That Department of Health and Human Services Funds Do Not Support Coercive or Discriminatory Policies or Practices in Violation of Federal Law"; Proposal 2009
- Toggle 1 HHS Human Subjects Research Protections: Enhancing Protections for Research Subjects and Reducing Burden, Delay, and Ambiguity for Investigators 2011
- Toggle 1 Walking as a Way for Americans to get the Recommended Amount of Physical Activity for Health 2013
- Toggle 1 CFPB Impacts of overdraft programs on consumers 2012
- Toggle 1 ED Priorities to be proposed to the National Board for Education Sciences of the Institute of Education Sciences 2010
- Toggle 1 FDA Petition Seeking Mandatory Labeling for Genetically Engineered Foods 2011
- Toggle 1 FNS Nutrition Standards in the National School Lunch and Breakfast Programs 2007
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for University at Buffalo
- Toggle 10 EPA Water Quality Standards for the State of Florida's Lakes and Flowing Waters 2009
- Toggle 6 EPA Human Testing; Proposed Plan and Description of Review Process. 2003
- Toggle 5 ATBCB Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA) Accessibility Guidelines for Transportation Vehicles 2010
- Toggle 5 CMS Revisions to Payment Policies Under the Physician Fee Schedule, and Other Part B Payment Policies; Revisions to Payment Policies for Ambulance Services for CY 2008; and the Proposed Elimination of the E-Rx Exemption for Computer-Generated Faxes*** 2010
- Toggle 4 FDA Required Warnings for Cigarette Packages & Advertisements 2010
- Toggle 4 CMS Revisions to Payment Policies Under the Physician Fee Schedule for Calendar Year 2006 2010
- Toggle 3 EPA Review of the National Ambient Air Quality Standards for Lead 2006
- Toggle 3 APHIS Dow AgroSciences LLC; Availability of Petition, Plant Pest Risk Assessment, and Environmental Assessment for Determination of Nonregulated Status of Corn Genetically Engineered for Herbicide Tolerance 2010
- Toggle 2 EPA Draft Guidance on Recommended Interim Preliminary Remediation Goals for Dioxin in Soil at CERCLA and RCRA Sites 2009
- Toggle 2 NHTSA Peer Review of NHTSA's Cost Weight and Lead Time Estimating Methodology for New Safety Initiatives 2007
|2010||$800,000||University at Buffalo: Energy and Sensor Informatics Research and Translation|
Advisory Committees72 people on 41 committees
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.
Table shows employees of "University at Buffalo" that sat on federal advisory committees.
- Toggle National Science Foundation 64 people on 34 committees
- Toggle Department of Health and Human Services 5 people on 4 committees
- Toggle Department of Commerce 1 person on 1 committee
- Toggle Department of Education 1 person on 1 committee
- Toggle Environmental Protection Agency 1 person on 1 committee