State of California
California (pronounced i /kælɪˈfɔrnjə/) is a state located on the West Coast of the United States. Nicknamed "The Golden State," it is the most populous and third-largest state by land area, after Alaska and Texas. It is home to the nation's second- and sixth-largest census statistical areas and eight of the nation's 50 most populous cities. Its five largest cities are Los Angeles, San Diego, San Jose, San Francisco, and Fresno. California's capital is Sacramento.
Campaign Finance$799,132 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- PAC Color Block
- Organization's PAC(s)
- Employee Color Block
- Associated Individuals
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- PAC Color Block
- Organization's PAC(s)
- Employee Color Block
- Associated Individuals
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of State of California
Names of Lobbyists
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Law Enforcement & Crime,
- Fuel, Gas & Oil,
- Natural Resources,
- Real Estate & Land Use,
- Firearms, Guns & Ammunition,
- Health Issues
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.2599 PACE Assessment Protection Act of 2011 H.R.822 National Right-to-Carry Reciprocity Act of 2011 H.R.1837 San Joaquin Valley Water Reliability Act H.R.2112 Agriculture, Rural Development, Food and Drug Administration, and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2012 H.R.1416 Crime Victim Restitution and Court Fee Intercept Act H.R.2354 Energy and Water Development and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2012 S.755 Crime Victim Restitution and Court Fee Intercept Act H.R.2055 Military Construction and Veterans Affairs and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2012 H.R.2584 Department of the Interior, Environment, and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2012 H.R.2596 Commerce, Justice, Science, and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2012
RegulationsMentioned in 794 dockets; Submitted to 9 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "State of California" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for State of California
- Toggle 2 FWS Removal of the U.S. Captive-bred Inter-subspecific crossed or generic Tiger From the Exemption to Register Under the Captive-bred Wildlife Regulations 2011
- Toggle 1 FAA Draft Parachute Landing Area Standards Public Comments - FOIA No. 2012-7774 2012
- Toggle 1 NLRB Proposed rule amending representation-case procedures 2011
- Toggle 1 WHD Application of the Fair Labor Standards Act to Domestic Service 2011
- Toggle 1 APHIS Establishment of Data Standards for Electronic Interstate Certificates of Veterinary Inspection (ICVI) 2012
- Toggle 1 HHS Exchange Functions in the Individual Market: Eligibility Determinations; Standards for Verification of Employer-Sponsored Health Coverage, Employer Appeals, and Employer SHOP Participation 2011
- Toggle 1 HHS State Requirements for Exchange--Reinsurance and Risk Adjustments 2011
- Toggle 1 IRS Health Insurance Premium Assistance Credit 2011
- Toggle 1 HHS Establishment of Exchanges and Qualified Health Plans 2011
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for State of California
- Toggle 410 FWS Endangered Status for the Sierra Nevada Yellow-legged Frog and the Northern Distinct Population Segment of the Mt Yellow-legged Frog, Threatened Status for the Yosemite Toad 2012
- Toggle 97 FWS Designation of Critical Habitat for the Sierra Nevada Yellow-legged Frog, the Northern Distinct Population Segment of the Mt Yellow-legged Frog, and the Yosemite Toad 2012
- Toggle 91 EPA Control of Air Pollution From New Motor Vehicles: Tier 3 Motor Vehicle Emission and Fuel Standards 2011
- Toggle 50 EPA NPDES - Reissuance of the Vessel General Permit for Discharges Incidental to the Normal Operation of Vessels (VGP) 2011
- Toggle 44 WHD Application of the Fair Labor Standards Act to Domestic Service 2011
- Toggle 37 EPA Approval and Promulgation of Implementation Plans; California; 2007 South Coast State Implementation Plan for 1997 8-hour Ozone Standard and 2007 State Strategy 2011
- Toggle 31 NHTSA Environmental Impact Statement for Corporate Average Fuel Economy (CAFE)Standards, Model Years 2017-2025 2011
- Toggle 28 EPA Formaldehyde Emissions Standards for Composite Wood Products 2012
- Toggle 25 EPA NPDES - Small Vessel General Permit for Discharges Incidental to the Normal Operation of Small Vessels (sVGP) 2011
- Toggle 22 FWS Revised critical habitat for southwestern willow flycatcher 2011
Federal Spending6 grants
Federal grants, contracts and loans are reported by federal agencies using the FPDS and FAADS systems. The data is made available to the public at USASpending.gov. Please note that the completeness and quality of the data varies greatly by agency.
Only grants, contracts and loans with amounts over $1 million are shown.
Because company names are not reported in a standardized manner, we cannot reliably determine the company receiving the contract or award. The results shown here are based on a search for the company name. Individual records may be missed or erroneously included because of name variations. For more information, please see our federal spending methodology page.
Note: Company names in federal spending data are not standardized. The table below is included only as a sample of what is available in the data and has not been reviewed for accuracy or completeness. To investigate the data further, use the links at the bottom of the table.
|State Of California||2011||Natural Resources Conservation Service||Farm and Ranch Lands Protection Program||$4,382,844|
|State of California||2011||Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration||International border inspection activities||$3,478,073|
|State of California||2011||Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration||CMV new entrant monitoring and audit program activities||$2,235,563|
|State of California||2012||Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration||CMV new entrant monitoring and audit program activities||$2,048,206|
|State of California||2011||Federal Aviation Administration||Improve Existing Airport||$1,300,000|
|State Of California||2011||Federal Emergency Management Agency||FEMA STATES PROGRAM||$1,148,587|
Advisory Committees3 people on 3 committees
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.
Table shows employees of "State of California" that sat on federal advisory committees.
- Toggle Department of the Interior 1 person on 1 committee
- Toggle Department of Housing and Urban Development 1 person on 1 committee
- Toggle Department of Agriculture 1 person on 1 committee