State of Alaska
Alaska (i /əˈlæskə/) is the largest state in the United States by area. It is situated in the northwest extremity of the North American continent, with Canada to the east, the Arctic Ocean to the north, and the Pacific Ocean to the west and south, with Russia further west across the Bering Strait. Approximately half of Alaska's 698,473 residents live within the Anchorage metropolitan area. As of 2009, Alaska remains the least densely populated state of the U.S.
Campaign Finance$325,649 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- PAC Color Block
- Organization's PAC(s)
- Employee Color Block
- Associated Individuals
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- PAC Color Block
- Organization's PAC(s)
- Employee Color Block
- Associated Individuals
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of State of Alaska
Names of Lobbyists
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.5856 Department of Defense Appropriations Act, 2013 H.R.4310 Military Construction Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2013 H.R.5854 Military Construction and Veterans Affairs and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2013 S.3215 Military Construction and Veterans Affairs, and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2013 S.3254 National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2013
RegulationsMentioned in 380 dockets; Submitted to 21 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "State of Alaska" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for State of Alaska
- Toggle 3 FAA Advisory Circular: Public Aircraft Operations 2012
- Toggle 1 FNS Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program: Review of Major Changes in Program Design and Management Evaluation Systems 2011
- Toggle 1 NOAA Endangered and Threatened Wildlife and Plants: Impact Analyses of Critical Habitat 2012
- Toggle 1 NOAA Advance Notice of Proposed Rulemaking to Address Harbor Seal Disturbance at Glacial Sites in Alaska 2011
- Toggle 1 FWS Threatened Status for the Distinct Population Segment of the North American Wolverine Occurring in the Continguous United States 2012
- Toggle 1 BLM Proposed Rule: Segregation of Lands—Renewable Energy 2011
- Toggle 1 NOAA Endangered and Threatened Species; Notice of Intent to Prepare a Recovery Plan for the Blue Whale and North Pacific Right Whale 2012
- Toggle 1 FAA Clarification of Wildlife Hazard Management Requirements for Non- Certificated Federally Obligated Airports in the National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems (NPIAS) 2012
- Toggle 1 BOEM Revised Outer Continental Shelf Lease Exploration Plan, Camden Bay, Beaufort Sea, Alaska 2011 2011
- Toggle 1 NOAA Environmental Impact Statement for Steller Sea Lion Protection Measures for the Alaska Groundfish Fisheries 2012
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for State of Alaska
- Toggle 301 EPA An Assessment of Potential Mining Impacts on Salmon Ecosystems of Bristol Bay, Alaska 2012
- Toggle 183 NOAA Pacific Halibut Fisheries; Catch Sharing Plan for Guided Sport and Commercial Fisheries in Alaska 2011
- Toggle 30 NOAA Environmental Impact Statement for Steller Sea Lion Protection Measures for the Alaska Groundfish Fisheries 2012
- Toggle 28 FWS List the Alexander Archipelago Wolf as Threatened or Endangered 2012
- Toggle 27 EPA NPDES - Reissuance of the Vessel General Permit for Discharges Incidental to the Normal Operation of Vessels (VGP) 2011
- Toggle 25 EPA Alaska Regional Haze SIP 2011
- Toggle 24 EPA NPDES - Small Vessel General Permit for Discharges Incidental to the Normal Operation of Small Vessels (sVGP) 2011
- Toggle 16 FWS Designation of Nonessential Experimental Population Status for Wood Bison in Interior Alaska 2012
- Toggle 15 NOAA Endangered and Threatened Species; Proposed Delisting of Eastern DPS of Steller Sea Lions 2011
- Toggle 12 NOAA Advance Notice of Proposed Rulemaking to Address Harbor Seal Disturbance at Glacial Sites in Alaska 2011
Federal Spending5 grants
Federal grants, contracts and loans are reported by federal agencies using the FPDS and FAADS systems. The data is made available to the public at USASpending.gov. Please note that the completeness and quality of the data varies greatly by agency.
Only grants, contracts and loans with amounts over $1 million are shown.
Because company names are not reported in a standardized manner, we cannot reliably determine the company receiving the contract or award. The results shown here are based on a search for the company name. Individual records may be missed or erroneously included because of name variations. For more information, please see our federal spending methodology page.
Note: Company names in federal spending data are not standardized. The table below is included only as a sample of what is available in the data and has not been reviewed for accuracy or completeness. To investigate the data further, use the links at the bottom of the table.
|State Of Alaska||2011||Assistant Secretary For Community Planning And Development||HOME INVESTMENT CPD||$3,001,118|
|State Of Alaska||2012||Assistant Secretary For Community Planning And Development||HOME INVESTMENT CPD||$3,000,000|
|State Of Alaska||2011||Assistant Secretary For Community Planning And Development||STATE ADM SMALL CITY||$2,632,952|
|State Of Alaska||2012||Assistant Secretary For Community Planning And Development||STATE ADM SMALL CITY||$2,131,122|
|State Of Alaska||2012||Federal Emergency Management Agency||GRANT TO LOCAL GOVERNMENT FOR REPAIR OR REPLACEMENT OF DISASTER DAMAGED FACILITIES||$1,427,075|
Advisory Committees5 people on 4 committees
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.
Table shows employees of "State of Alaska" that sat on federal advisory committees.
- Toggle Department of Agriculture 2 people on 1 committee
- Toggle Department of the Interior 1 person on 1 committee
- Toggle Department of Health and Human Services 1 person on 1 committee
- Toggle Department of the Treasury 1 person on 1 committee