State Farm Insurance
State Farm Insurance is a group of insurance and financial services companies in the United States. The company also has operations in Canada.
Campaign Finance$17,097,077 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of State Farm Insurance
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount State Farm Insurance $33,200,892
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Disaster & Emergency Planning,
- Health Issues,
- Government Issues,
- Copyright, Patent & Trademark,
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.4173 Wall Street Transparency and Accountability Act of 2010 H.R.1309 Flood Insurance Reform Act of 2011 H.R.1528 Consumer Privacy Protection Act of 2011 H.R.1841 Data Accountability and Trust Act (DATA) of 2011 S.799 Commercial Privacy Bill of Rights Act of 2011 S.1207 Data Security and Breach Notification Act of 2011 S.3217 Private Fund Investment Advisers Registration Act of 2010 H.R.2577 SAFE Data Act H.R.2069 Safe Building Code Incentive Act of 2011 H.R.4173 Prevent Iran from Acquiring Nuclear Weapons and Stop War Through Diplomacy Act
RegulationsMentioned in 248 dockets; Submitted to 21 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "State Farm Insurance" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for State Farm Insurance
- Toggle 2 DOT Time Zone Boundaries in the State of Indiana 2005
- Toggle 2 OSHA INDOOR AIR QUALITY - Part 3 of 6 2006
- Toggle 1 RITA Distracted Driving Summit 2010
- Toggle 1 OPM Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act: Establishment of Multi-State Plan Program for Affordable Insurance Exchanges 2012
- Toggle 1 OSHA INDOOR AIR QUALITY - Part 4 of 6 2006
- Toggle 1 EEOC ADA Amendments Act NPRM 2009
- Toggle 1 FAA Exemption/Rulemaking - Comair, Inc. 2003
- Toggle 1 OCC Regulatory Capital Rules (Part II): Standardized Approach for Risk-weighted Assets; Market Discipline and Disclosure Requirements 2012
- Toggle 1 OCC Regulatory Capital Rules (Part I): Regulatory Capital, Minimum Regulatory Capital Ratios, Capital Adequacy, Transition Provisions 2012
- Toggle 1 Study and Report to Congress on Natural Catastrophes and Insurance 2013
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for State Farm Insurance
- Toggle 12 EPA Rulemaking for the Steam Electric Power Generating Effluent Limitations Guidelines 2009
- Toggle 10 NHTSA General Motors (GM) Settlement Regarding DOT'S Settle Agreement with General Motors (GM) 1998
- Toggle 6 FMCSA Notice of Proposed Rulemaking (NPRM) - Hours of Service of Drivers 1997
- Toggle 6 NHTSA NPRM-Insurer Reporting Requirements 2004
- Toggle 6 NHTSA Request for Comments and Notice of Public Meeting to Address the Development of a Booster Seat Education Plan 2001
- Toggle 5 NHTSA Federal Motor Vehicle Safety (FMVSS) No. 208 - Occupant Crash Protection; Air Bags 1998
- Toggle 5 EPA Criteria and Standards for Cooling Water Intake Structures 2008
- Toggle 5 FMCSA Hours of Service of Drivers 2004
- Toggle 5 NHTSA U.S. DOT/NHTSA - Notice of Proposed Rulemaking - Child Restraint Systems 2002
- Toggle 4 NHTSA Occupant Crash Protection: Air Bags; Deactivation by Vehicle Dealers and Repair Businesses 1997
Advisory Committees4 people on 4 committees
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.
Table shows employees of "State Farm Insurance" that sat on federal advisory committees.
- Toggle Small Business Administration 2 people on 2 committees
- Toggle Department of Education 1 person on 1 committee
- Toggle Department of Health and Human Services 1 person on 1 committee