Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide
Campaign Finance$1,141,002 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide
Names of Lobbyists
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Foreign Relations,
- Labor, Antitrust & Workplace,
- Real Estate & Land Use,
- Travel & Tourism,
- Aviation, Airlines & Airports,
- Economics & Econ Development,
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.1409 Employee Free Choice Act of 2009 S.560 Employee Free Choice Act of 2009 S.1023 Travel Promotion Act of 2009 H.R.800 Employee Free Choice Act of 2007 S.1746 Visa Improvements to Stimulate International Tourism to the United States of America Act H.R.976 Children's Health Insurance Program Reauthorization Act of 2007 H.R.2206 U.S. Troop Readiness, Veterans' Care, Katrina Recovery, and Iraq Accountability Appropriations Act, 2007 H.R.5741 Jobs Originated through Launching Travel Act of 2012 S.1348 Comprehensive Immigration Reform Act of 2007 S.3199 Jobs Originated through Launching Travel Act of 2012
RegulationsMentioned in 14 dockets; Submitted to 1 docket
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide
- Toggle 1 DOT Solicitation of Proposals from Interested Communities 2002
- Toggle 1 SEC Self-Regulatory Organizations; Proposed Rule Changes: NYSE Amex LLC 2010
- Toggle 1 DOT Caribbean Star Airlines, Inc. - Certificate - Scheduled and Charter Foreign Air Transporation 2001
- Toggle 1 DOT Caribbean Star Airlines, Inc. - Certificate - Scheduled Interstate Air Transportation 2001
- Toggle 1 SEC Self-Regulatory Organizations; Proposed Rule Changes: NASDAQ Stock Market LLC 2010
- Toggle 1 SEC Self-Regulatory Organizations; Proposed Rule Changes: ICE Clear Credit LLC 2012
- Toggle 1 DOJ Nondiscrimination on the Basis of Disability by State and Local Governments and Places of Public Accommodation; Equipment and Furniture 2010
- Toggle 1 SEC Self-Regulatory Organizations; Proposed Rule Changes: NYSE Arca, Inc. 2010
- Toggle 1 SEC Self-Regulatory Organizations; Proposed Rule Changes: NASDAQ OMX PHLX, Inc. 2010
- Toggle 1 SEC Self-Regulatory Organizations; Proposed Rule Changes: International Securities Exchange, LLC 2010
Advisory Committees1 person on 1 committee
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.
Table shows employees of "Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide" that sat on federal advisory committees.
- Toggle Department of State 1 person on 1 committee