Staples Inc. (NASDAQ: SPLS) is a large office supply chain store, with over 2,000 stores worldwide in 26 countries. Based in Framingham, Massachusetts, United States, the company has retail stores, serving customers under its original name in Austria, Brazil, China, Denmark, France, Germany, India, Italy, Norway, Portugal, United Kingdom, and the United States, while operating subsidiaries in Argentina as Officenet-Staples, Belgium and Netherlands as Office Centre, Canada as Staples Canada (Bureau En Gros in Quebec), and in Italy as Mondoffice. Staples also does business exclusively with enterprises in multiple European countries as Staples Advantage.
Campaign Finance$775,389 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Staples Inc
Names of Lobbyists
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Consumer Product Safety,
- Copyright, Patent & Trademark,
- Marine, Boats & Fisheries,
- Radio & TV Broadcasting,
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title S.34 Sales Tax Fairness and Simplification Act S.2152 Sales Tax Fairness and Simplification Act S.2153 Streamlined Sales Tax Simplification Act H.R.958 Data Accountability and Trust Act H.R.3396 Sales Tax Fairness and Simplification Act S.495 Personal Data Privacy and Security Act of 2007 S.1178 Identity Theft Prevention Act S.1260 Data Security Act of 2007
RegulationsMentioned in 17 dockets; Submitted to 1 docket
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Staples Inc" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Staples Inc
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Staples Inc
- Toggle 34 DOT 2005/2006 U.S.-China Air Services Case and Designations 2004
- Toggle 2 FWS Buckeye Wind Power Project, Champaign County, Ohio 2012
- Toggle 1 USCBP Notice of Issuance of Final Determination Concerning Lined Paper Notebooks and Filler Paper 2009
- Toggle 1 EPA EPA's Role in Advancing Sustainable Products 2010
- Toggle 1 FTC Granting of Requesting for Early Termination of the Waiting Period Under the Premerger Notification Rules 2007
- Toggle 1 EPA Preliminary 2006 Effluent Guidelines Program Plan 2004
- Toggle 1 DOT Solicitation of Proposals from Interested Communities 2002
- Toggle 1 ITC In the Matter of Certain Lined Paper School Supplies from China, India, and Indonesia; Notice of Commission Determination Not To Conduct a Portion of the Hearing In Camera 2006
- Toggle 1 DOT Carlsbad-Palomar Airlines, Inc. - Certificate - Scheduled Interstate Air Transportation 2010
- Toggle 1 DOT U.S. - China Air Services 1999
Advisory Committees1 person on 1 committee
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.