St Jude Medical
St. Jude Medical, Inc. (NYSE: STJ) is a $12 billion (market cap) global medical device company, with headquarters in Little Canada, Minnesota, United States, a suburb of St. Paul. The company sells products in more than 100 countries and has over 20 operations and manufacturing facilities worldwide. Its principal competitors are Medtronic and Boston Scientific.
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through committee's December 31, 2012 filing.
Summaryoverview of the committee's finances
- Total Raised:
- Total Spent:
- Cash on Hand:
Standardized Donation Informationcovers roughly through Q4 2012. may lag behind FEC section above, as donors and industries are identified by hand.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of St Jude Medical
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount St Jude Medical $1,125,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Health Issues,
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Labor, Antitrust & Workplace,
- Medicare & Medicaid,
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.436 Protect Medical Innovation Act of 2011 S.17 Medical Device Access and Innovation Protection Act S.3187 Food and Drug Administration Safety and Innovation Act H.R.734 To amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to repeal the medical device tax, and for other purposes. H.R.3203 Novel Device Regulatory Relief Act of 2011 H.R.3204 Guidance Accountability and Transparency Act of 2011 H.R.3205 FDA Renewing Efficiency From Outside Reviewer Management Act of 2011 H.R.3206 Cultivating Scientific Expertise to Foster Innovation for Patients Act of 2011 H.R.3208 Patients Come First Act of 2011 H.R.3209 Premarket Predictability Act of 2011
RegulationsMentioned in 59 dockets; Submitted to 3 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "St Jude Medical" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for St Jude Medical
- Toggle 1 NLRB Proposed rule amending representation-case procedures 2011
- Toggle 1 National School Lunch and School Breakfast Programs: Nutrition Standards for All Foods Sold in School, as Required by the Healthy, Hunger-Free Kids Act of 2010 2011
- Toggle 1 HHS Human Subjects Research Protections: Enhancing Protections for Research Subjects and Reducing Burden, Delay, and Ambiguity for Investigators 2011
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for St Jude Medical
- Toggle 5 CMS Hospital Outpatient Prospective Payment; Ambulatory Surgical Center Payment; Hospital Value-Based Purchasing Program; Physician Self-Referral; and Provider Agreement Regulations on Patient Notification Requirements 2011
- Toggle 3 FDA Irvine Biomedical, Inc., Premarket Approval of Therapy Cool Path Duo™ Ablation Catheter, Safire BLU Duo™ Ablation Catheter, and IBI 1500T9-CP V1.6 Cardiac Ablation Generator, P110016 Approved 1/25/12 2012
- Toggle 3 EPA Approval and Promulgation of Implementation Plans; State of Montana; State Implementation Plan and Regional Haze Federal Implementation Plan 2011
- Toggle 2 FDA Cordis Corporation; Premarket Approval for EXOSEAL Vascular Closure Device, P100013; Approved 5/19/11 2011
- Toggle 2 FDA Unique Device Identification System; Proposed Rule 2011
- Toggle 2 FDA Premarket Approval for St. Jude Medical, St. Jude Medical Trifecta™ Valve, P100029 Approved 4/20/11 2011
- Toggle 1 FDA Abbott Vascular, Premarket Approval of XIENCE nano™ Everolimus-Eluting Coronary Stent System and PROMUS™ Everolimus-Eluting Coronary Stent System, P070015/S054; Approved 5/24/11 2011
- Toggle 1 FDA Berlin Heart, Inc., Humanitarian Device Exemption (HDE) for Berlin Heart EXCORD® Pediatric Ventricular Assist Device (VAD) H100004, Approved 12/16/11 2011
- Toggle 1 CMS Hospital Outpatient Prospective and Ambulatory Surgical Center Payment Systems and Quality Reporting Programs; Electronic Reporting Pilot; Inpatient Rehabilitation Facilities Quality Reporting Program; Quality Improvement Organization Regulations 2012
- Toggle 1 FDA Sientra, Inc., Premarket Approval of Sientra Silicone Gel Breast Implants P070004, Approved 3/9/12 2012
Advisory Committees2 people on 2 committees
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.
Table shows employees of "St Jude Medical" that sat on federal advisory committees.
- Toggle Department of Commerce 2 people on 2 committees