Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through committee's December 31, 2012 filing.
Summaryoverview of the committee's finances
- Total Raised:
- Total Spent:
- Cash on Hand:
Standardized Donation Informationcovers roughly through Q4 2012. may lag behind FEC section above, as donors and industries are identified by hand.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying Carried Out by Squire Sanders
Names of Lobbyists
Client Amount Cuyahoga County Board of Commissioners $240,000 Cltn/Preservation of Interstate Commerce $210,000 Cleveland State University $150,000 American Engineering & Manufacturing Inc $120,000 CoverMyMeds $90,000 Limited Brands $60,000 McTech Corp $60,000 Case Western Reserve Med School $50,000 Argus Global $40,000 Exide Technologies $30,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Foreign Relations,
- Law Enforcement & Crime,
- Civil Rights & Civil Liberties,
- Apparel, Clothing, & Textiles,
- Economics & Econ Development,
- Health Issues
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.2008 Keeping Politics Out of Federal Contracting Act of 2011 H.R.1473 Department of Defense and Full-Year Continuing Appropriations Act, 2011 H.R.2883 Child and Family Services Improvement and Innovation Act H.R.4348 Transportation Research and Innovative Technology Act of 2012 H.R.5325 Energy and Water Development and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2013 H.R.5326 Department of Justice Appropriations Act, 2013 H.R.5652 Flood Insurance Reform Act of 2012 H.R.5855 Department of Homeland Security Appropriations Act, 2013 H.R.5972 Department of Transportation Appropriations Act, 2013
RegulationsMentioned in 65 dockets; Submitted to 3 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Squire Sanders" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Squire Sanders
- Toggle 2 USTR Generalized System of Preferences (GSP): Notice of Initiation of the 2012 Annual GSP Product and Country Practices Review; Deadlines for Filing Petitions 2012
- Toggle 1 USTR Bangladesh GSP Review 2012
- Toggle 1 DOT Concesionaria Vuela Compañía de Aviación, S.A.P.I. de C.V. d/b/a Volaris (“Volaris”) – Exemption – Mexico-United States 2012
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Squire Sanders
- Toggle 5 DOT Special Rules for Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport (beyond-perimeter exemptions, i.e., service to another airport more than 1,250 miles away from Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport) 2012
- Toggle 5 DOT Concesionaria Vuela Compania de Aviacion, S.A.P.I. de C.V. d/b/a Volaris - Exemption - Mexico-U.S. 2011
- Toggle 4 DOT Concesionaria Vuela Compania de Aviacion, S.A.P.I. de C.V. d/b/a Volaris - Mexico City/Guadalajara, Mexico-San Diego, California 2011
- Toggle 4 DOT Concesionaria Vuela Compania de Aviacion, S.A. de C.V. d/b/a Volaris - Exemption - Mexico City, Mexico- Chicago Illinois 2011
- Toggle 3 DOT Concesionaria Vuela Compania de Aviacion, S.AP.I. de C.V. d/b/a Volaris - Exemption - Morelia, Mexico-Chicago (Midway), Illinois 2011
- Toggle 3 DOT Concesionaria Vuela Compania de Aviacion, S.A.P.I. de C.V. d/b/a Volaris - Exemption - Toluca, Mexico-Las Vegas, Nevada 2011
- Toggle 3 DOT Concesionaria Vuela Compañía de Aviación, S.A.P.I. de C.V. d/b/a Volaris (“Volaris”) – Exemption – Mexico-United States 2012
- Toggle 3 DOT Concesionaria Vuela Compania de Aviacion, S.A.P.I. de C.V. d/b/a Volaris - Exemption - Mexico-U.S. 2012
- Toggle 3 DOT Virgin America Inc. - Exemption - San Francisco– Puerto Vallarta 2011
- Toggle 3 DOT TACA International Airlines, S.A., Trans American Airlines, S.A. d/b/a TACA Peru, Lineas Aereas Costarricenses S.A., Aviateca S.A. and Aerovias Del Continente Americano S.A. - Exemption Permitting Registration of Trade Name/Statements of Authorization 2012