Sporting Goods Manufacturers Assn
The Sporting Goods Manufacturing Association (SGMA) is a trade association of the retailers, manufacturers and marketers of the sporting goods industry. The SGMA was founded in 1906 in New York, and is currently based in Washington, D.C. Currently, the SGMA represents over 1,000 manufacturers, retailers and marketers, including 3,000 business locations and over 375,000 people. The SGMA generates over $60 billion in domestic revenue, and $15 billion internationally.
Campaign Finance$55,250 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Sporting Goods Manufacturers Assn
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount Sporting Goods Manufacturers Assn $4,219,840
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Real Estate & Land Use,
- Health Issues,
- Apparel, Clothing, & Textiles,
- Copyright, Patent & Trademark,
- Sports & Athletics
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.3010 Department of Labor Appropriations Act, 2006 H.R.3043 Departments of Labor, Health and Human Services, and Education, and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2008 H.R.5647 Departments of Labor, Health and Human Services, and Education, and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2007 H.J.RES.69 H.J.RES.72 S.1710 Department of Health and Human Services Appropriations Act, 2008 S.3686 Department of Labor Appropriations Act, 2011 S.3708 Department of Education Appropriations Act, 2007
RegulationsMentioned in 9 dockets; Submitted to 2 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Sporting Goods Manufacturers Assn" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Sporting Goods Manufacturers Assn
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Sporting Goods Manufacturers Assn
- Toggle 4 APHIS Implementation of Revised Lacey Act Provisions 2008
- Toggle 1 CPSC Third Party Testing for Certain Children’s Products; Mattresses, Mattress Pads, and/or Mattress Sets: Requirements for Accreditation of Third Party Conformity Assessment Bodies 2010
- Toggle 1 CPSC Third Party Testing for Certain Children’s Products; Clothing Textiles: Requirements for Accreditation of Third Party Conformity Assessment Bodies 2010
- Toggle 1 USDA Task Force on Childhood Obesity 2010
- Toggle 1 CPSC Requirements for Accreditation of Third Party Conformity Assessment Bodies: Third Party Testing for Certain Children's Products; Vinyl Plastic Film 2010
- Toggle 1 USCBP Proposed Interpretive Rule on Customs Valuation and Series of Sales Transactions 2007
- Toggle 1 CPSC Publicly Available Consumer Product Safety Information Database 2010
- Toggle 1 CPSC Interpretation of "Children's Products" 2010
- Toggle 1 CPSC Requirements for Accreditation of Third Party Conformity Assessment Bodies: Third Party Testing for Certain Children's Products; Carpets and Rugs 2010