Coordinates: 32°50′48″N 96°51′40″W / 32.846666666667°N 96.861°W / 32.846666666667; -96.861 (Southwest Airlines Headquarters)
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through committee's December 31, 2010 filing.
Summaryoverview of the committee's finances
- Total Raised:
- Total Spent:
- Cash on Hand:
Standardized Donation Informationcovers roughly through Q4 2012. may lag behind FEC section above, as donors and industries are identified by hand.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Southwest Airlines
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount Southwest Airlines $1,300,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Aviation, Airlines & Airports,
- Energy & Nuclear Power,
- Environment & Superfund,
- Clean Air & Water,
- Fuel, Gas & Oil
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.4173 Wall Street Transparency and Accountability Act of 2010 H.R.2454 American Clean Energy And Security Act of 2009 H.R.1586 FAA Air Transportation Modernization and Safety Improvement Act H.R.915 FAA Reauthorization Act of 2009 S.1733 Green Taxis Act of 2009 H.R.2200 Transportation Security Administration Authorization Act H.R.3371 Airline Safety and Pilot Training Improvement Act of 2009 H.R.5611 Airport and Airway Extension Act of 2010, Part II S.1451 FAA Air Transportation Modernization and Safety Improvement Act S.3217 Private Fund Investment Advisers Registration Act of 2010
RegulationsMentioned in 103 dockets; Submitted to 24 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Southwest Airlines" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Southwest Airlines
- Toggle 13 FAA Flight Crewmember Duty and Rest Requirements 2009
- Toggle 4 FAA Petition for Waiver of the Terms of the Order Limiting Scheduled Operations at LaGuardia Airport 2010
- Toggle 2 FAA Safety Management System - Request for Comments 2009
- Toggle 2 FAA RESERVED 2010
- Toggle 2 FAA New Pilot Certification Requirements for Air Carrier Operations 2010
- Toggle 1 DOT Notice of Order Soliciting Community Proposals 2010
- Toggle 1 FAA 2008-NM-214-AD Boeing Model 737‑600, ‑700, ‑700C, ‑800, -900 and ‑900ER Series Airplanes 2009
- Toggle 1 FAA Safety Enhancements, Part 139 2010
- Toggle 1 FAA 2010-NM-117-AD The Boeing Company Model 737-600, -700, -700C, -800, and -900 Series Airplanes 2010
- Toggle 1 FAA 2009-NM-193-AD Boeing Model 737‑300, ‑400, and ‑500 Series Airplanes 2009
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Southwest Airlines
- Toggle 34 FAA Flight Crewmember Duty and Rest Requirements 2009
- Toggle 32 DOT Enhancing Airline Passenger Protections 2010
- Toggle 31 FAA Petition for Waiver of the Terms of the Order Limiting Scheduled Operations at LaGuardia Airport 2010
- Toggle 18 DOT Notice of Order Soliciting Community Proposals 2010
- Toggle 16 DOT Notice of Order Soliciting Community Proposals 2009
- Toggle 12 FAA In the Matter of Brian Wallaesa - CP10WP0010 2010
- Toggle 11 FAA New Pilot Certification Requirements for Air Carrier Operations 2010
- Toggle 9 FAA Safety Management System - Request for Comments 2009
- Toggle 6 FAA Crewmember Requirements When Passengers Are Onboard 2009
- Toggle 6 FAA Luis Munoz Marin International Airport -Preliminary Application for the Airport Privatization Pilot Program 2009
Advisory Committees4 people on 4 committees
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.
Table shows employees of "Southwest Airlines" that sat on federal advisory committees.
- Toggle Department of Homeland Security 2 people on 3 committees
- Toggle Department of Transportation 2 people on 1 committee