South Dakota State University
Campaign Finance$6,200 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars
State vs. Federalin dollars
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of South Dakota State University
Names of Lobbyists
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Energy & Nuclear Power,
- Natural Resources,
- Fuel, Gas & Oil
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.2112 Agriculture, Rural Development, Food and Drug Administration, and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2012 H.R.4348 Transportation Research and Innovative Technology Act of 2012 H.R.5973 Agriculture, Rural Development, Food and Drug Administration, and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2013 S.3240 Farm bill H.R.6083 Federal Agriculture Reform and Risk Management Act of 2012 H.R.1 Full-Year Continuing Appropriations Act, 2011 H.J.RES.44 Further Continuing Appropriations Amendments, 2011 H.J.RES.48 Additional Continuing Appropriations Amendments, 2011
RegulationsMentioned in 38 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "South Dakota State University" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for South Dakota State University
- Toggle 7 WHD Child Labor Regulations, Orders and Statements of Interpretation; Child Labor Violations—Civil Money Penalties 2011
- Toggle 3 EPA Lifecycle Greenhouse Gas Analyses of New Pathways Under the Renewable Fuels Standard Program 2011
- Toggle 3 APHIS Stearidonic Acid Soybean Deregulation Petition 2011
- Toggle 3 EPA Approval and Promulgation of Implementation Plans; State of Montana; State Implementation Plan and Regional Haze Federal Implementation Plan 2011
- Toggle 3 EPA None Unknown
- Toggle 3 EPA USEPA/USFWS Endangered Species Consultation: Rozol 2011
- Toggle 2 EPA An Assessment of Potential Mining Impacts on Salmon Ecosystems of Bristol Bay, Alaska 2012
- Toggle 2 EPA Nominations to the FIFRA Scientific Advisory Panel; Request for Comments 2011
- Toggle 2 EPA NPDES - Reissuance of the Vessel General Permit for Discharges Incidental to the Normal Operation of Vessels (VGP) 2011
- Toggle 2 NRC Supplemental Environmental Impact Statement for Proposed Dewey-Burdock In-Situ Uranium Recovery Project 2012
Federal Spending15 grants; 2 contracts; 3 loans
Federal grants, contracts and loans are reported by federal agencies using the FPDS and FAADS systems. The data is made available to the public at USASpending.gov. Please note that the completeness and quality of the data varies greatly by agency.
Only grants, contracts and loans with amounts over $1 million are shown.
Because company names are not reported in a standardized manner, we cannot reliably determine the company receiving the contract or award. The results shown here are based on a search for the company name. Individual records may be missed or erroneously included because of name variations. For more information, please see our federal spending methodology page.
Note: Company names in federal spending data are not standardized. The table below is included only as a sample of what is available in the data and has not been reviewed for accuracy or completeness. To investigate the data further, use the links at the bottom of the table.
|South Dakota State University||2012||National Science Foundation||Beyond the 2010 Initiative: Partnerships for Competitiveness||$8,000,000|
|South Dakota State University||2011||Education, Department Of||GRANT PROGRAM||$5,970,546|
|South Dakota State University||2011||Student Financial Assistance Programs||GRANT PROGRAM||$5,858,673|
|South Dakota State University||2012||Education, Department Of||GRANT PROGRAM||$5,746,380|
|South Dakota State University||2012||Education, Department Of||GRANT PROGRAM||$5,491,772|
|South Dakota State University||2011||National Institutes Of Health||BIOMEDICAL (BASIC)||$4,461,482|
|South Dakota State University||2011||National Science Foundation||Beyond the 2010 Initiative: Partnerships for Competitiveness||$4,000,000|
|South Dakota State University||2012||National Institute Of Food And Agriculture||Smith Lever 3(b) and 3 (c)||$3,568,205|
|South Dakota State University||2012||Education, Department Of||DL BASE RECORD 2012-2013||$3,195,750|
|South Dakota State University||2011||Education, Department Of||DL BASE RECORD 2011-2012||$2,711,372|
Advisory Committees18 people on 14 committees
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.
Table shows employees of "South Dakota State University" that sat on federal advisory committees.
- Toggle National Science Foundation 15 people on 11 committees
- Toggle Department of Defense 1 person on 1 committee
- Toggle Department of Energy 1 person on 1 committee
- Toggle Department of Health and Human Services 1 person on 1 committee