SoundExchange is a non-profit performance rights organization that collects royalties on the behalf of sound recording copyright owners (SRCOs — record labels, generally) and featured artists for non-interactive digital transmissions, including satellite and Internet radio.
Campaign Finance$750 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of SoundExchange
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount SoundExchange $3,696,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Copyright, Patent & Trademark,
- Radio & TV Broadcasting,
- Arts & Entertainment,
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.848 Performance Rights Act S.379 Performance Rights Act S.CON.RES.14 H.CON.RES.49 H.R.2344 Webcaster Settlement Act of 2009 S.1145 Webcaster Settlement Act of 2009 S.49 Public Corruption Prosecution Improvements Act
RegulationsMentioned in 24 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "SoundExchange" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for SoundExchange
- Toggle 3 CRB Digital Performance Right in Sound Recordings and Ephemeral Recordings 2009
- Toggle 3 CRB Notice and Recordkeeping for Use of Sound Recordings Under Statutory License 2009
- Toggle 2 COLC Copyright Royalty Judges: Authority to Subpoena Nonparticipant to Appear and Give Testimony or to Produce and Permit Inspection of Documents or Tangible Things 2010
- Toggle 2 CRB Determination of Rates and Terms for Preexisting Subscription Services and Satellite Digital Audio Radio Services 2009
- Toggle 2 CRB Digital Performance Rights in Sound Recordings and Ephemeral Recordings for New Subscription Services 2010
- Toggle 1 COLC Notification of Agreements Under the Webcaster Settlement Act of 2009 2009
- Toggle 1 NRC Environmental Assessment and Finding of No Significant Impact 2009
- Toggle 1 OSHA Maritime Advisory Committee for Occupational Safety and Health (MACOSH); Notice of Meetings March 2009 - January 2010 2009
- Toggle 1 USCG Hornblower Cruises Fleet Week Fireworks Display October 9th and 10th, 2009 2009
- Toggle 1 CRB Digital Performance Right in Sound Recordings and Ephemeral Recordings 2010