SoundExchange is a non-profit performance rights organization that collects royalties on the behalf of sound recording copyright owners (SRCOs — record labels, generally) and featured artists for non-interactive digital transmissions, including satellite and Internet radio.
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of SoundExchange
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount SoundExchange $980,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Copyright, Patent & Trademark,
- Radio & TV Broadcasting
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.4789 Performance Rights Act S.2500 Performance Rights Act H.R.2060 Internet Radio Equality Act H.CON.RES.244 S.1353 Internet Radio Equality Act of 2007 H.R.7084 Webcaster Settlement Act of 2008 H.R.2600 Border Tax Equity Act of 2007 S.82 Intelligence Community Audit Act of 2007 S.CON.RES.82
RegulationsMentioned in 16 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "SoundExchange" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for SoundExchange
- Toggle 3 CRB Adjustment of Rates and Terms for Preexisting Subscription and Satellite Digital Audio Radio Services 2007
- Toggle 2 CRB Determination of Rates and Terms for Business Establishment Services 2007
- Toggle 1 USCG Security Zone; Escorted Vessels in the Captain of the Port Charleston, South Carolina Zone 2007
- Toggle 1 NCUA Meetings; Sunshine Act 2008
- Toggle 1 EPA Michigan CAIR submittal 2007
- Toggle 1 LOC Copyright royalty fees: Microsoft Corp. sound recordings; eligible nonsubscription transmissions under statutory licenses; intent to audit 2007
- Toggle 1 CRB Digital Performance Right in Sound Recordings and Ephemeral Recordings 2007
- Toggle 1 USCG Safety Zone; Trent River between New Bern and James City, North Carolina 2007
- Toggle 1 CRB Notice of Intent To Audit 2008
- Toggle 1 DOD DoD Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) Program 2007