Sony Pictures Entertainment
Campaign Finance$3,854,114 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Sony Pictures Entertainment
Names of Lobbyists
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Copyright, Patent & Trademark,
- Consumer Product Safety,
- Arts & Entertainment,
- Economics & Econ Development
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title S.968 PIPA H.R.3101 Twenty-First Century Communications and Video Accessibility Act of 2010 S.1151 Personal Data Privacy and Security Act of 2011 S.1207 Data Security and Breach Notification Act of 2011 S.1408 Data Breach Notification Act of 2011 S.1535 Personal Data Protection and Breach Accountability Act of 2011 S.3804 Combating Online Infringement and Counterfeits Act H.R.4137 College Opportunity and Affordability Act of 2007 H.R.4213 Tax Extenders Act of 2009 S.1642 Higher Education Amendments of 2007
RegulationsMentioned in 25 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Sony Pictures Entertainment" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Sony Pictures Entertainment
- Toggle 3 FDA FDA is Requesting Data, Information, and Views and Hosting a Web-Based Public Meeting to Discuss Issues Related to the Development of an Enforcement Action Plan 2010
- Toggle 2 DOJ Nondiscrimination on the Basis of Disability; Movie Captioning and Video Description 2010
- Toggle 2 FDA Required Warnings for Cigarette Packages & Advertisements 2010
- Toggle 2 OMB Development of the Joint Strategic Plan on Intellectual Property Enforcement 2012
- Toggle 2 Request for Comments and Notice of Public Hearing on an International Services Agreement 2013
- Toggle 1 USTR Request for Comments Concerning Free Trade Agreement With the Republic of Korea 2009
- Toggle 1 FDA Tobacco Product Advertising and Promotion to Youth and Racial and Ethnic Minority Populations; Request for Comments 2010
- Toggle 1 FCC Complaints: Game Show Network, LLC v. Cablevision Systems Corp. 2012
- Toggle 1 EPA Review of the National Ambient Air Quality Standards for Lead 2006
- Toggle 1 CRB Adjustments or Determinations of Compulsory License Rates for Making and Distributing Phonorecords 2011