Sony Music Entertainment
Sony Music Entertainment (SME or Sony Music) is the second-largest global recorded music company of the "big four" record companies and is controlled by Sony Corporation of America, the United States subsidiary of Japan's Sony Corporation.
Campaign Finance$42,350 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Sony Music Entertainment
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount Sony Music Entertainment $3,950,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Copyright, Patent & Trademark,
- Radio & TV Broadcasting,
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.848 Performance Rights Act S.379 Performance Rights Act H.CON.RES.49 S.CON.RES.14 H.R.1319 Informed P2P User Act H.R.4098 Secure Federal File Sharing Act S.3027 P2P Cyber Protection and Informed User Act S.3484 Secure Federal File Sharing Act S.3804 Combating Online Infringement and Counterfeits Act S.14 Unborn Child Pain Awareness Act of 2010
RegulationsMentioned in 7 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Sony Music Entertainment" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Sony Music Entertainment
- Toggle 1 CPSC Tracking Labels for Children's Products Under Section 103 of the Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act 2009
- Toggle 1 ETA Wage Methodology for the Temporary Non-agricultural Employment H-2B Program 2010
- Toggle 1 ED General and Non-Loan Programmatic Issues 2009
- Toggle 1 FTC National Association of Music Merchants, Inc., Analysis of Agreement Containing Consent Order to Aid Public Comment 2009
- Toggle 1 USTR 2010 Special 301 Out of Cycle Reviews of the Philippines and Thailand. Identifications of Countries under Section 182 of the Trade Act of 1974. 2010
- Toggle 1 USTR Special 301 FR notice 2010
- Toggle 1 USTR 2010 Special 301 2010