Sony Electronics Inc., headquartered in San Diego, Calif., is the largest component of Sony Corporation of America, the U.S. holding company for Sony's U.S.-based electronics and entertainment businesses.
Campaign Finance$4,608 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars
State vs. Federalin dollars
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Sony Electronics
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount Sony Electronics $1,008,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Consumer Product Safety,
- Economics & Econ Development,
- Energy & Nuclear Power,
- Environment & Superfund,
- Hazardous & Solid Waste,
- Trucking & Shipping,
- Computers & Information Tech
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.4040 Big Sur Forest Service Management Unit Act of 2009 H.R.4314 H.R.4314 To amend the Coastal Zone Management Act of 1972 to require the Secretary of Commerce to establish a coastal climate change adaptation planning and response program, and for other purposes. H.R.4315 United States War Bonds Act of 2009 H.R.4315 Veterans Mental Health Accessibility Act H.R.4316 Affordable Footwear Act of 2009 H.R.4316 To amend chapter 2 of title II of the Trade Act of 1974 to include Guam, the Virgin Islands of the United States, American Samoa, and the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands in the definition of State for the purposes of the trade adjustment assi H.R.4317 Foster Care Mentoring Act of 2009 H.R.4317 Iranian Energy Sector and Proliferation Sanctions Act H.R.4319 Specially Adapted Housing Assistance Enhancement Act of 2009
RegulationsMentioned in 48 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Sony Electronics" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Sony Electronics
- Toggle 3 FDA Laser Light Show 2012
- Toggle 1 ITC Investigations: Certain Video Analytics Software, Systems, Components Thereof, and Products Containing Same 2011
- Toggle 1 ITC Investigations: Certain Electronic Devices, Including Wireless Communication Devices, Portable Music And Data Processing Devices, And Tablet Computers 2011
- Toggle 1 ITC Agency Information Collection Activities; Proposals, Submissions, and Approvals: Used Electronic Products Questionnaire 2012
- Toggle 1 ITC Complaints: Certain Motion-Sensitive Sound Effects Devices and Image Display Devices, etc. 2011
- Toggle 1 ITC Investigations: Certain Electronic Devices Having a Digital Television Receiver and Components Thereof 2011
- Toggle 1 ITC Termination of Investigations: Certain Liquid Crystal Display Devices and Products Interoperable with the Same 2011
- Toggle 1 ITC Complaints 2011
- Toggle 1 ITC Complaints: Certain Cameras and Mobile Devices, Related Software and Firmware, and Components Thereof and Products Containing the Same 2012
- Toggle 1 ITC Amended Complaints 2012
Federal Spending4 contracts
Federal grants, contracts and loans are reported by federal agencies using the FPDS and FAADS systems. The data is made available to the public at USASpending.gov. Please note that the completeness and quality of the data varies greatly by agency.
Only grants, contracts and loans with amounts over $1 million are shown.
Because company names are not reported in a standardized manner, we cannot reliably determine the company receiving the contract or award. The results shown here are based on a search for the company name. Individual records may be missed or erroneously included because of name variations. For more information, please see our federal spending methodology page.
Note: Company names in federal spending data are not standardized. The table below is included only as a sample of what is available in the data and has not been reviewed for accuracy or completeness. To investigate the data further, use the links at the bottom of the table.
|Sony Electronics Inc.||2012||Federal Aviation Administration||REFURBISHMENT OF SONY MONITORS, P/N DDM-2800-C||$2,125,000|
|Sony Electronics Incorporated||2011||FSC: 5820 NAME: COMCAM BROADC PART NUMBER: USAFBK3||$1,772,374|
|Sony Electronics Incorporated||2011||FSC: 5820 NAME: BROADCAST KIT PART NUMBER: USAFBK-1||$1,451,702|
|Sony Electronics Incorporated||2011||BASE DEPLOYMENT BROADCAST KITS||$1,423,680|