Solutia Inc. (NYSE: SOA) is a global manufacturer of performance materials and specialty chemicals including polyvinyl butyral (PVB), ethylene vinyl acetate (EVA) and thermoplastic urethane (TPU) interlayers for laminated glass, aftermarket window films, protective barrier and conductive films, and rubber processing chemicals, used in architectural, automotive, alternative energy, electronic devices, consumer and industrial applications. Solutia's worldwide headquarters are located in St. Louis County, Missouri, USA, with regional headquarters located in Louvain-la-Neuve, Belgium; São Paulo, Brazil; and Shanghai, China.
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through committee's October 31, 2012 filing.
Summaryoverview of the committee's finances
- Total Raised:
- Total Spent:
- Cash on Hand:
Standardized Donation Informationcovers roughly through Q4 2012. may lag behind FEC section above, as donors and industries are identified by hand.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Solutia Inc
Names of Lobbyists
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Automotive Industry,
- Clean Air & Water,
- Energy & Nuclear Power,
- Environment & Superfund,
RegulationsMentioned in 16 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Solutia Inc" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Solutia Inc
- Toggle 2 EPA Approval and Promulgation of Air Quality Implementation Plans; State of Missouri; Regional Haze State Implementation Plan 2012
- Toggle 1 EPA West Virginia- State Implementation Plan (SIP) for Regional Haze 2011
- Toggle 1 EPA Virginia- State Implementation Plan (SIP) and Best Available Retrofit Technology (BART) Analysis and Permit for Regional Haze 2011
- Toggle 1 EPA District of Columbia- State Implementation Plan (SIP) Revision for Regional Haze 2011
- Toggle 1 Control of Air Pollution From New Motor Vehicles: Tier 3 Motor Vehicle Emission and Fuel Standards 2011
- Toggle 1 EPA Draft Toxicological Reivew of Biphenyl: In Support of Summary Information on the Integrated risk Information System (IRIS) 2011
- Toggle 1 EPA Pennsylvania- Regional Haze State Implementation Plan 2012
- Toggle 1 EPA NY Regional Haze SIP 2012
- Toggle 1 EPA Maryland- Regional Haze State Implementation Plan 2012
- Toggle 1 EPA Approval and Promulgation of Implementation Plans; State of Montana; State Implementation Plan and Regional Haze Federal Implementation Plan 2011