Solutia Inc. (NYSE: SOA) is a global manufacturer of performance materials and specialty chemicals including polyvinyl butyral (PVB), ethylene vinyl acetate (EVA) and thermoplastic urethane (TPU) interlayers for laminated glass, aftermarket window films, protective barrier and conductive films, and rubber processing chemicals, used in architectural, automotive, alternative energy, electronic devices, consumer and industrial applications. Solutia's worldwide headquarters are located in St. Louis County, Missouri, USA, with regional headquarters located in Louvain-la-Neuve, Belgium; São Paulo, Brazil; and Shanghai, China.
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through committee's December 31, 2010 filing.
Summaryoverview of the committee's finances
- Total Raised:
- Total Spent:
- Cash on Hand:
Standardized Donation Informationcovers roughly through Q3 2013. may lag behind FEC section above, as donors and industries are identified by hand.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Solutia Inc
Names of Lobbyists
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Automotive Industry,
- Clean Air & Water,
- Environment & Superfund,
- Energy & Nuclear Power,
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.2454 American Clean Energy And Security Act of 2009 S.1733 Green Taxis Act of 2009 S.3079 Building Star Energy Efficiency Act of 2010 S.3177 Home Star Energy Retrofit Act of 2010 H.R.5019 Home Star Energy Retrofit Act of 2010 S.3434 Home Star Energy Retrofit Act of 2010
RegulationsMentioned in 43 dockets; Submitted to 1 docket
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Solutia Inc" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Solutia Inc
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Solutia Inc
- Toggle 12 EPA Alabama Regional Haze 2009
- Toggle 11 EPA Rulemaking for the Steam Electric Power Generating Effluent Limitations Guidelines 2009
- Toggle 5 EPA Water Quality Standards for the State of Florida's Estuaries and Coastal Waters 2010
- Toggle 5 EPA Florida Regional Haze 2010
- Toggle 4 EPA Notice of Final 2010 Effluent Guidelines Program and 2011 Annual Review 2010
- Toggle 4 EPA Water Quality Standards for the State of Florida's Lakes and Flowing Waters 2009
- Toggle 3 EPA Clean Air Transport Rule 2009
- Toggle 3 EPA National Emission Standards for Hazardous Air Pollutants for Coal- and Oil-fired Electric Utility Steam Generating Units 2009
- Toggle 3 EPA Change to the Reporting Date for Certain Data Elements Required Under the Mandatory Reporting of Greenhouse Gases Rule 2010
- Toggle 2 EPA HAZARDOUS AND SOLID WASTE MANAGEMENT SYSTEM; IDENTIFICATION AND LISTING OF SPECIAL WASTES; DISPOSAL OF COAL COMBUSTION RESIDUALS FROM ELECTRIC UTILITIES 2009