Society of Nuclear Medicine
The Society of Nuclear Medicine, or SNM, based in Reston, Virginia, is a nonprofit organization founded in 1954. There are 16,000 members: physicians, pharmacists, and scientists, except for a separate section of 10,000 technologists. Recently, it has shifted focus from nuclear medicine to molecular imaging.
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Society of Nuclear Medicine
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount Society of Nuclear Medicine $730,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Energy & Nuclear Power,
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Health Issues,
- Medicare & Medicaid
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title S.99 American Medical Isotopes Production Act of 2011 H.R.2104 Consistency, Accuracy, Responsibility, and Excellence in Medical Imaging and Radiation Therapy Act of 2011 H.R.2354 Energy and Water Development and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2012 H.R.5325 Energy and Water Development and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2013 S.2465 Energy and Water Development and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2013 S.3338 Consistency, Accuracy, Responsibility, and Excellence in Medical Imaging and Radiation Therapy Act of 2012
RegulationsMentioned in 16 dockets; Submitted to 1 docket
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Society of Nuclear Medicine" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Society of Nuclear Medicine
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Society of Nuclear Medicine
- Toggle 3 CMS Medicare Program; Revisions to Payment Policies Under the Physician Fee Schedule, DME Face-to-Face Encounters, Elimination of the Requirement for Termination of Non-Random Prepayment Complex Medical Review and Other Revisions to Part B for CY 2013 (CMS-1590-P) 2012
- Toggle 3 CMS Medicare Program; Payment Policies Under the Physician Fee Schedule and Other Revisions to Part B for CY 2012 2011
- Toggle 2 CMS Hospital Outpatient Prospective and Ambulatory Surgical Center Payment Systems and Quality Reporting Programs; Electronic Reporting Pilot; Inpatient Rehabilitation Facilities Quality Reporting Program; Quality Improvement Organization Regulations 2012
- Toggle 2 CMS Hospital Outpatient Prospective Payment; Ambulatory Surgical Center Payment; Hospital Value-Based Purchasing Program; Physician Self-Referral; and Provider Agreement Regulations on Patient Notification Requirements 2011
- Toggle 2 CMS Electronic Health Record Incentive Program – Stage 2 "Meaningful Use" 2012
- Toggle 2 FDA Draft Guidance for Industry on Standards for Clinical Trial Imaging Endpoints; Availability 2011
- Toggle 2 CMS CY 2012 Changes to the Physician Fee Schedule 2011
- Toggle 1 NRC Incorporation of Risk Management Concepts in Regulatory Programs 2011
- Toggle 1 ATBCB Medical Diagnostic Equipment Accessibility Standards 2012
- Toggle 1 CMS Medicare, Medicaid, Children's Health Insurance Programs; Transparency Reports and Reporting of Physician Ownership or Investment Interests (CMS-5060-P) 2011