Society for Neuroscience
The Society for Neuroscience (SfN) is a professional society, headquartered in Washington, D.C., for basic scientists and physicians around the world whose research is focused on the study of the brain and nervous system.
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Society for Neuroscience
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount Society for Neuroscience $452,565
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Science & Technology,
- Travel & Tourism
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.2596 Commerce, Justice, Science, and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2012 S.1599 Departments of Labor, Health and Human Services, and Education, and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2012 H.R.5326 Department of Justice Appropriations Act, 2013 S.2323 Science Appropriations Act, 2013 S.3295 Department of Labor Appropriations Act, 2013 H.R.3070 Department of Education Appropriations Act, 2012 S.1572 Commerce, Justice, Science, and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2012 H.R.1513 Great Ape Protection and Cost Savings Act of 2011 S.810 Great Ape Protection and Cost Savings Act of 2011 S.1575 Energy-Efficient Cool Roof Jobs Act
RegulationsMentioned in 18 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Society for Neuroscience" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Society for Neuroscience
- Toggle 2 APHIS Dow AgroSciences; Notice of Petition for a Determination of Nonregulated Status for Soybean Genetically Engineered for Dichlorophenoxyacetic Acid and Glufosinate 2012
- Toggle 1 CMS Medicare Program; Revisions to Payment Policies Under the Physician Fee Schedule, DME Face-to-Face Encounters, Elimination of the Requirement for Termination of Non-Random Prepayment Complex Medical Review and Other Revisions to Part B for CY 2013 (CMS-1590-P) 2012
- Toggle 1 EPA April 10-13, 2012 US Environmental Protection Agency FIFRA SAP Meeting on Chlorpyrifos Health Effects 2012
- Toggle 1 FDA Petition Concerning Actions as They Pertain to Conduct of The Neurological Review Panel Held February 10, 2012, Regarding the Reclassification for the Cranial Electrotherapy Stimulator 2012
- Toggle 1 CDC Requirements for Importers of Nonhuman Primates 2011
- Toggle 1 FSIS Poultry Slaughter Inspection 2011
- Toggle 1 DEA Schedules of Controlled Substances: Temporary Placement of Three Synthetic Cathinones into Schedule I 2011
- Toggle 1 DEA Schedules of Controlled Substances: Placement of Methylone Into Schedule I 2012
- Toggle 1 DEA Schedules of Controlled Substances: Temporary Placement of Three Synthetic Cathinones Into Schedule I 2011
- Toggle 1 FDA Initiate a Rulemaking Procedure to Adjust the Text of a Smokeless Tobacco ("ST") Product Warning Label Statement 2011