Smokeless Tobacco Council
Campaign Finance$1,190,451 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Smokeless Tobacco Council
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount Smokeless Tobacco Council $4,611,990
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
RegulationsMentioned in 8 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Smokeless Tobacco Council" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Smokeless Tobacco Council
- Toggle 2 FDA Required Warnings for Cigarette Packages & Advertisements 2010
- Toggle 2 FDA Agency Information Collection Activities; Proposed Collection; Comment Request; Requirements Under the Comprehensive Smokeless Tobacco Health Education Act of 1986, as amended by the Family Smoking Prevention and Tobacco Control Act. 2010
- Toggle 1 FTC Agency Information Collection Activities; Proposed Collection; Comment Request; Extension 2007
- Toggle 1 FDA Initiate a Rulemaking Procedure to Adjust the Text of a Smokeless Tobacco ("ST") Product Warning Label Statement 2011
- Toggle 1 FDA Agency Information Collection Activities; Proposed Collection; Comment Request; The Dairy Practitioner’s Role in Residue Avoidance Survey 2010
- Toggle 1 FDA Use of Tobacco Marketing Descriptors to Convey Modified Risk; Request for Comments 2010
- Toggle 1 FTC OMB-PRA IDT Definition Rule; Comprehensive Smokeless Tobacco Health Education Act of 1986 2007
- Toggle 1 FDA Regulation of Tobacco Products; Request for Comments 2009