Sinclair Oil Corporation is an American petroleum corporation, founded by Harry F. Sinclair on May 1, 1916 as the Sinclair Oil & Refining Corporation by combining the assets of 11 small petroleum companies. Originally a New York corporation, Sinclair Oil reincorporated in Wyoming in 1976. The corporation's logo features the silhouette of a large green dinosaur.
Campaign Finance$94,275 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Sinclair Oil
Names of Lobbyists
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Energy & Nuclear Power,
- Environment & Superfund,
- Small Business,
- Fuel, Gas & Oil,
- Real Estate & Land Use,
RegulationsMentioned in 20 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Sinclair Oil" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Sinclair Oil
- Toggle 5 EPA Approval and Promulgation of State Implementation Plans; State of Wyoming; Regional Haze Rule Requirements for 40 CFR 51.309 2011
- Toggle 5 EPA Approval and Promulgation of State Implementation Programs; State of Utah; Regional Haze Rule Requirements for 40 CFR 51.309 2011
- Toggle 5 EPA Approval and Promulgation of Implementation Plans; State of Wyoming; Regional Haze State Implementation Plan. 2012
- Toggle 5 EPA Approval and Promulgation of Implementation Plans; State of Montana; State Implementation Plan and Regional Haze Federal Implementation Plan 2011
- Toggle 2 EPA Approval and Promulgation of Implementation Plans; Arizona; Regional Haze State Implementation Plan: FIP 2012
- Toggle 2 EPA Approval and Promulgation of Air Quality Implementation Plans; State of Missouri; Regional Haze State Implementation Plan 2012
- Toggle 2 Control of Air Pollution From New Motor Vehicles: Tier 3 Motor Vehicle Emission and Fuel Standards 2011
- Toggle 1 EPA NESHAP for Primary Aluminum Production Amendments Based on the Risk and Technology Review 2011
- Toggle 1 Annual Standards under the Renewable Fuel Standard (RFS) Program 2012
- Toggle 1 EPA Nonconformance Penalties for On-highway Heavy-Duty Diesel Engines 2011
Federal Spending3 contracts
Federal grants, contracts and loans are reported by federal agencies using the FPDS and FAADS systems. The data is made available to the public at USASpending.gov. Please note that the completeness and quality of the data varies greatly by agency.
Only grants, contracts and loans with amounts over $1 million are shown.
Because company names are not reported in a standardized manner, we cannot reliably determine the company receiving the contract or award. The results shown here are based on a search for the company name. Individual records may be missed or erroneously included because of name variations. For more information, please see our federal spending methodology page.
Note: Company names in federal spending data are not standardized. The table below is included only as a sample of what is available in the data and has not been reviewed for accuracy or completeness. To investigate the data further, use the links at the bottom of the table.
|Sinclair Oil Corporation||2011||JP8||$38,603,925|
|Sinclair Oil Corporation||2012||EXTENDING ORDERING AND DELIVERY PERIOD. INCREASING QUANTITIES FOR CLIN 0101 AND 0201.||$13,530,050|
|Sinclair Oil Corporation||2011||AVIATION FUEL, TURBINE, GRADE JP-8||$12,867,122|