Shire plc (LSE: SHP), (NASDAQ: SHPGY) is a Jersey-registered, Irish-headquartered manufacturer of pharmaceuticals. Originating in and with a large operational base in the United Kingdom, its brands and products include Adderall XR, Carbatrol, Fosrenol, and the recently released Vyvanse.
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through committee's December 31, 2012 filing.
Summaryoverview of the committee's finances
- Total Raised:
- Total Spent:
- Cash on Hand:
Standardized Donation Informationcovers roughly through Q4 2012. may lag behind FEC section above, as donors and industries are identified by hand.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Shire Pharmaceuticals
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount Shire Pharmaceuticals $820,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Health Issues,
- Medical Research & Clin Labs
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title S.296 Preserving Access to Life-Saving Medications Act H.R.2245 Preserving Access to Life-Saving Medications Act of 2011 H.R.3839 Drug Shortage Prevention Act of 2012 H.R.3737 ULTRA H.R.5651 Food and Drug Administration Reform Act of 2012 S.3187 Food and Drug Administration Safety and Innovation Act S.606 Creating Hope Act of 2011 H.R.4132 FAST Act S.2113 Transforming the Regulatory Environment to Accelerate Access to Treatments H.R.8 Job Protection and Recession Prevention Act of 2012
RegulationsMentioned in 11 dockets; Submitted to 1 docket
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Shire Pharmaceuticals" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Shire Pharmaceuticals
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Shire Pharmaceuticals
- Toggle 2 FDA Allocate Full Doses of Agalsidase Beta (Fabrazyme®) to U.S. Citizens Under its Consent Decree with Genzyme Corporation 2011
- Toggle 2 FDA To Apply FDA's Previously Announced Bioequivalence Standards for Delayed-Release Mesalamine 400 mg Tablets as an Abbreviated New Drug Application - CLOSED 2011
- Toggle 1 CMS Medicare Program; End-Stage Renal Disease Prospective Payment System, Quality Incentive Program, and Bad Debt Reductions for all Medicare Providers 2012
- Toggle 1 CMS Electronic Health Record Incentive Program – Stage 2 "Meaningful Use" 2012
- Toggle 1 FDA Advisory Committee, Workshops, and Conferences Notices Various Meeting Notices (eg., Task Force Meeting, etc.) 2012
- Toggle 1 CMS Medicare, Medicaid, Children's Health Insurance Programs; Transparency Reports and Reporting of Physician Ownership or Investment Interests (CMS-5060-P) 2011
- Toggle 1 FDA International Conference on Harmonisation; Draft Guidance on Q11 Development and Manufacture of Drug Substances; Availability 2011
- Toggle 1 CMS Hospital Outpatient Prospective Payment; Ambulatory Surgical Center Payment; Hospital Value-Based Purchasing Program; Physician Self-Referral; and Provider Agreement Regulations on Patient Notification Requirements 2011
- Toggle 1 FDA Issue a Guidance Document to Include Specific Topics on Internal Review Standards Concerning Orphan Drugs 2011
- Toggle 1 FDA Request the Clarification of Existing Criteria and Establish Additional Criteria for how to Demonstrate Bioequivalence for Mesalamine Delayed-Release Tablets 2012