Royal Dutch Shell
Royal Dutch Shell plc (LSE: RDSA, LSE: RDSB), commonly known as Shell, is a global oil and gas company headquartered in The Hague, Netherlands and with its registered office at the Shell Centre in London, United Kingdom. It is the largest energy company and the second-largest company in the world measured by revenues and is one of the six oil and gas "supermajors". It is vertically-integrated and is active in every area of the oil and gas industry, including exploration and production, refining, distribution and marketing, petrochemicals, power generation and trading. It also has major renewable energy activities, including in biofuels, hydrogen, solar and wind power.
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through committee's December 31, 2012 filing.
Summaryoverview of the committee's finances
- Total Raised:
- Total Spent:
- Cash on Hand:
Standardized Donation Informationcovers roughly through Q4 2012. may lag behind FEC section above, as donors and industries are identified by hand.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Royal Dutch Shell
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount Shell Oil $25,450,000 Shell Oil $25,450,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Energy & Nuclear Power,
- Marine, Boats & Fisheries,
- Environment & Superfund,
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Fuel, Gas & Oil,
- Clean Air & Water,
- Foreign Relations,
- Natural Resources
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.2584 Department of the Interior, Environment, and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2012 H.R.1265 To amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to permanently extend the 15-year recovery period for qualified leasehold improvement property, qualified restaurant property, and qualified retail improvement property. S.506 Safe Schools Improvement Act of 2011 S.940 Close Big Oil Tax Loopholes Act H.R.2838 Coast Guard and Maritime Transportation Act of 2011 H.R.1287 3-D, Domestic Jobs, Domestic Energy, and Deficit Reduction Act of 2011 H.R.2012 Foster Care Mentoring Act of 2011 S.937 American Alternative Fuels Act of 2011 H.R.601 End Big Oil Tax Subsidies Act of 2011 H.R.901 Chemical Facility Anti-Terrorism Security Authorization Act of 2011
RegulationsMentioned in 143 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Royal Dutch Shell" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Royal Dutch Shell
- Toggle 10 EPA Approval and Promulgation of Implementation Plans; State of Colorado; Regional Haze State Implementation Plan 2011
- Toggle 9 BOEM Shell Gulf of Mexico Revised 2012 Outer Continental Shelf Lease Exploration Plan, Chukchi Sea, Alaska. Burger Prospect: Posey Area Blocks 6714, 6762, 6764, 6812, 6915; Chukchi Sea Lease Sale 193 (May 2011) 2011
- Toggle 7 NHTSA Environmental Impact Statement for Corporate Average Fuel Economy (CAFE)Standards, Model Years 2017-2025 2011
- Toggle 7 EPA Approval and Promulgation of Implementation Plans; State of Montana; State Implementation Plan and Regional Haze Federal Implementation Plan 2011
- Toggle 6 EPA An Assessment of Potential Mining Impacts on Salmon Ecosystems of Bristol Bay, Alaska 2012
- Toggle 6 BOEM Alaska Outer Continental Shelf Chukchi Sea Planning Area Oil and Gas Lease Sale 193 2011
- Toggle 6 BOEM Request for comments on the Proposed 2012-2017 Oil and Gas Leasing Program 2011
- Toggle 6 BOEM Revised Outer Continental Shelf Lease Exploration Plan, Camden Bay, Beaufort Sea, Alaska 2011 2011
- Toggle 6 Control of Air Pollution From New Motor Vehicles: Tier 3 Motor Vehicle Emission and Fuel Standards 2011
- Toggle 4 EPA UIC Permitting Guidance for Oil and Gas Hydraulic Fracturing Activities Using Diesel Fuels – Draft 2011
Contractor Misconduct6 Instances
This information is collected by the Project On Government Oversight from press releases, court documents, news reports and other public records. It is not meant to be an exhaustive account of all instances of federal contractor misconduct.
More information on each instance, including primary source documents, is available on POGO's site by clicking on the instance description. More information on POGO's methodology is available here.
|Misconduct Type||Hired By||Incident||Year||Disposition||Penalty|
|Cost/Labor Mischarge||Interior||Underpayment of Royalties on Offshore Oil and Gas Leases||2012||Settlement||$25,000,000|
|Government Contract Fraud||Interior||U.S. ex rel. Wright v. Chevron (Underpayment of Natural Gas Royalties)||2011||Settlement||$2,200,000|
|Labor||None||Explosion at Bacton Gas Terminal||2011||Pleaded Guilty||$1,996,182|
|Environment||None||Petrochemical Emissions at Deer Park Facility||2011||Settlement||$500,000|
|Environment||None||New Hampshire MTBE Pollution Lawsuit||2012||Settlement||$0|
|Environment||None||Niger Delta Oil Spills - UK Court||2012||Pending||$0|