Sheet Metal Workers Union
The Sheet Metal Workers International Association is a trade union of skilled metal workers who perform architectural sheet metal work, fabricate and install heating and air conditioning work, shipbuilding, appliance construction, heater and boiler construction, precision and specialty parts manufacture, and a variety of other jobs involving sheet metal.
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through committee's June 30, 2011 filing. independent expenditures updated daily.
Summaryoverview of the committee's finances
- Total Raised:
- Total Spent:
- Cash on Hand:
Independent Expendituresmoney spent supporting or opposing a candidate
Candidate Support/Oppose Total Spent Barack ObamaSupport $7,500
Standardized Donation Informationcovers roughly through Q4 2012. may lag behind FEC section above, as donors and industries are identified by hand.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Sheet Metal Workers Union
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount Sheet Metal Workers Union $80,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Energy & Nuclear Power,
- Labor, Antitrust & Workplace,
- Homeland Security,
- Health Issues,
- Aviation, Airlines & Airports,
- Disaster & Emergency Planning,
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Government Issues
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.2017 Continuing Appropriations Act, 2012 H.R.2055 Military Construction and Veterans Affairs and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2012 H.R.6079 Repeal of Obamacare Act H.R.1 Full-Year Continuing Appropriations Act, 2011 H.R.7 Sportfishing and Recreational Boating Safety Act of 2012 H.R.8 Job Protection and Recession Prevention Act of 2012 H.R.219 Social Security Preservation Act of 2011 H.R.658 FAA Reauthorization and Reform Act of 2011 H.R.970 Federal Aviation Research and Development Reauthorization Act of 2011 H.R.4281 Surface Transportation Extension Act of 2012
RegulationsMentioned in 11 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Sheet Metal Workers Union" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Sheet Metal Workers Union
- Toggle 1 EPA Greenhouse Gas New Source Performance Standard for Electric Generating Units 2011
- Toggle 1 OFCCP Affirmative Action and Nondiscrimination Obligations of Contractors and Subcontractors Regarding Protected Veterans 2011
- Toggle 1 GSA GSA; General Notices 2012
- Toggle 1 CFPB Truth in Lending Act (Regulation Z); Loan Originator Compensation 2012
- Toggle 1 EPA GHG New Source Performance Standards (NSPS) for Utilities 2011
- Toggle 1 FRA U.S. DOT/FRA - Northeast Corridor (NEC) Safety and Security Committee 2011
- Toggle 1 DOT Notice of Regulatory Review of Existing DOT Regulations 2011
- Toggle 1 EPA GHG New Source Performance Standards (NSPS) for Petroleum Refineries 2011
- Toggle 1 FRA Track Safety Standards; Improvements to Inspections 2011
- Toggle 1 FRA Railroad System Safety Program 2011
Advisory Committees1 person on 1 committee
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.
Table shows employees of "Sheet Metal Workers Union" that sat on federal advisory committees.
- Toggle Department of Transportation 1 person on 1 committee